What's new

Sam I am

I think that was a trick for zuk guys also. Maybe it was a smaller size, can't remember. I never liked them, ugly, stuck out too far and seemed like a huge mud scoop.

I'll just do a little maxipad deal like the back.

I think it is an 8” pipe cap that works on zuk axles.
Cut the lip down so it fits tighter to the axle.

It's alive!

20240330_210442.jpg

Seemed like every step took forever since I needed to fix things I've put off. Just dumb stuff like go to bolt driveshaft to diff, then realize the tcase has 2 broken mounts, then pull tcase because I remembered the hi/low detent spring is weak, but the spine needs to come off to get to it, also while pulling tcase remember that I need to bend shifter to clear bench seat..... Ect :laughing:

Went for a quick spin since it's getting late, so far the 4.88s seem awesome. Much easier to get moving and lowrange seems about perfect, doesn't want to stall at an idle even pushing pretty hard on the brakes. :smokin:

I bashed my rear diff so many times the ring gear ground a hole through it and it started leaking gear oil. I bought a new housing and put one of these on it.

Ya, I didn't realize the samurai diff housing was literally the same thickness as the body, burned through a few times welding some armor on. :homer:

Toyota axles are thin, but like 1/8" thin, not 18g thin :lmao:

Dollar store frying pans are probably thicker metal than a samurai axle lol. Buy one and cut in half for 2 axle skids :lmao:
Stainless for bling factor. Cast iron to show off how good a welder you are. :laughing:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh