What's new

Salute to Irate 4x4 dogs

A house without a dog is an empty house

When both of my kids were born, there was a aging AmStaff watching over them. About three months after we lost Rose to cancer, our youngest announced that “we are not a family anymore”. When we questioned her about her comment, she said, “we don’t have a dog anymore, families have dogs... “

We found Zoey (Pit) through a rescue web site a few days later

Zoey and Simon

927EAD84-D253-4A20-A6BC-663D807DC78B.jpeg

Last edited:
photo32945.jpg
photo32947.jpg
photo32984.jpg
photo32933.jpg
I’ve tried so many times to share here but can never hit post. Lost my 16 year old West Highland White terrier. She only weighed 16 pounds but she didn’t know that. Had every bit the attitude and personality as any full-size dog. First pic is her posing with her puppy picture about a month before passing. Second and third pics are my porch where we used to hang out, third pic is my farewell. Last pic is her best friend who laid there in that spot staring at the empty bowl for weeks confused why her bestie never came back, I didn’t remove cruisers bowl till Daisy stopped staring at it.

This will be a long one, so bear with me.
Snapchat-513490428.jpg
Screenshot_20210718-121149_Gallery.jpg
Meet Craig. Just a little shit with a big heart. He was a Chug (chihuahua/ pug) and had a hard life before we got him. He was found by a rescue on the front porch of an old couple, stuck in a dog crate after they had passed away. We adopted him as a senior dog (10 year old) and got to enjoy his time for only a year and a half. Pugs have a ton of personality and he only liked to play with our Labs biggest toys. If it wasn't as big as him, he didn't want it.

Pugs have issues due to their facial shape and a common collapsing trachea issue. We were able to control it with meds for a while, but he finally reached a point where he could do nothing but take short, gasping breaths and fight for air last night.

Unfortunately we were in a position where we were unable to have vet access so I had the unfortunate duty of doing my part as a man and a father and put him down myself so that the kids didn't have to see him suffer. That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, and hold him in my arms until he breathed his last. He wasn't the biggest dog, but he became a huge part of our family.

RIP Craig. You will be missed.

I hate to start this dog thread too, but we have to remember our companions that are no longer with us.

Stingray, Im sorry you had to be the leader for this, and I wish you and your family peace in your loss. I hope he went without pain.

Ive had humans betray me all my life, but never a dog. I guess thats why I am such a dog lover.

RIP Blue
Blue car.jpeg
20200612_114443.jpg
blue little.jpg

Somehow My pics changed so I'm adding them back in.

To all that have lost a companion, my condolences.

Somehow My pics changed so I'm adding them back in.
Looks a lot like my first pup I had as a kid. She got funny when she got old. Queen of our 5 acres and most of the neighborhood. Quit wanting to come inside and decided she'd rather live under a pine tree and herd the horses in the morning.

Looks a lot like my first pup I had as a kid. She got funny when she got old. Queen of our 5 acres and most of the neighborhood. Quit wanting to come inside and decided she'd rather live under a pine tree and herd the horses in the morning.
He was my 5th or 6th, And last. We joked he was the best last dog.

lifestyle changes and not wanting the responsibility of a dog led to the call.

And he truly lived up to the name, He really was a best last dog, I'm a peace without needing another.

RIP Craig, He looked like a real fireball.

RIP Maggie. Smart as hell, too smart for her own good sometimes. Got her a year after I met my wife. I remember one time I took her to the pet store to pick out a toy, I'll be damned if she didn't pick out the biggest dinosaur bone she saw. She tipped over trying to pick it up.:laughing: She was a goofy cuddlebug and LOVED her toy duck. She would chase it for us even in her old age, although I would only get a few throws before she was done. Died of a brain tumor May 17th 2020 and I can still feel what it felt like when we put her down 2 years ago in my arms. I fed her filet minion her last night, even though she didn't eat for the last few days, she managed to pick herself up enough to have her last meal. :crybaby2: This photo was taken a week before. We knew it was coming, but damn did it have to be so soon? :bawling: Best dog ever.

Attachments

• 20200509_155750.jpg
    20200509_155750.jpg
    863.7 KB · Views: 3
Lost an old friend this morning.:frown:

I got him when he was a puppy, just a mutt but one of the best dogs we've ever had. He was a puppy through and through all the way up till last night, he started having seizures at about 9:00 PM and at that point his age came out.

By the time we got him to the vet this morning he was cooked.

His name was Buck, After Buck Island.

He made it until my boy showed up at the vet to be with him as he passed and within minutes of Andy getting there he went to sleep for the last time:crybaby2:

I'll miss his lazy fuck you stroll down the hallway and his pool antics.

I'll miss his coming in for pets while I put my socks and shoes on in the morning or really any time I sat down.

This was a tough one.
20190602_205546.jpg

I got him when he was a puppy, just a mutt but one of the best dogs we've ever had. He was a puppy through and through all the way up till last night, he started having seizures at about 9:00 PM and at that point his age came out.

He made it until my boy showed up at the vet to be with him as he passed and within minutes of Andy getting there he went to sleep for the last time:crybaby2:

I'll miss his coming in for pets while I put my socks and shoes on in the morning or really any time I sat down.

This was a tough one.
20190602_205546.jpg
RIP Buck!!!

Too young, healthy and ok, but too stupid to drink enough water when summer finally hit Norway. Playing and running and being silly, fell over and never came back to himself even after all that could be done... Was terrible to see him in the eyes when he gave up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220615-075148.png
    Screenshot_20220615-075148.png
    591.2 KB · Views: 23

This was a tough one.
20190602_205546.jpg
Damnit I hate this thread.

Fawking Allergies

RIP Buck.

Too young, healthy and ok, but too stupid to drink enough water when summer finally hit Norway. Playing and running and being silly, fell over and never came back to himself even after all that could be done... Was terrible to see him in the eyes when he gave up.
Sorry for your loss man.

Rest In Peace Pup!!!

Top Back Refresh