What's new

Salsa recipe

Rustymofo

Member Number
Loc
AZ
I've been making this for months now and it's always a hit, it's also very easy to make (even if you're retarded).

Ingredients:
3-4 Roma tomatoes
1-2 good size jalapeno's depending on desired spice level (they've been weak here lately so been adding serrano or habanero for extra kick which is why you'll see three peppers in the pics below :flipoff2:)
1/4 large yellow onion or 1/2 small yellow onion
1 unpeeled garlic clove
1 bunch of cilantro (I typically use a generous hand full, stems and all, but not quite the whole bundle)
1-2 tsp Knorr Chicken Bouillon (I usually use 2)
1/4 cup of water
Salt to taste

Get you a fry pan and preheat over medium-high heat on the stove top. Take the tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, and garlic and place in the fry pan. Let them sizzle on all sides, periodically turning, until they start to blacken. Once blackened, toss the whole tomatoes, onion, unpeeled garlic, and cilantro into a blender. Take your jalapenos and cut the stems off before also placing them in the blender. Add 1/4 cup water, 1-2 tsp of the chicken bouillon, couple pinches of salt, and blend until smooth. Taste and keep adding salt until the deliciousness slaps you in the face.

Best part is it only tastes better with time. Let it marinate in the fridge for a couple of days...

IMG-5005.jpg
IMG-5007.jpg
IMG-5011.jpg
IMG-5014.jpg

Minus the chicken bullion and the roasting that’s how I make mine more or less too.

Also, to make salsa verde it’s the same process as what you do but swap tomatoes for a bunch of tomatillos.

Minus the chicken bullion and the roasting that’s how I make mine more or less too.

Also, to make salsa verde it’s the same process as what you do but swap tomatoes for a bunch of tomatillos.
Right on! I have done it without roasting and it’s still really good, but definitely prefer it roasted. The chicken bouillon is the key in my opinion. There is a reason all of the Mexican grocery stores here in town have walls of the Knorr's for sale.

Good call on the tomatillos for salsa verde, will have to try that soon, thanks!
I have a bunch of romas growing in the garden, I think I will give this a try :homer:
Awesome, I planted a roma plant specifically for this hah. They don't like this AZ 100+ degree heat so will probably be fall before we see any.

Never heard of it in salsa but I might
06041B2B-0444-42F3-95CA-E7DDEB075282.jpeg
have to try the chicken bullion for flavor.

I did sillyhot salsa tonight and its good but pretty bitter with 40 boiled chili de arbol and 4 habaneros.

Top Back Refresh