What's new

RZR XP 1000 clutch kits

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Those of you with the HL or Trail and Rocks edition RZRS are you running a clutch kit? Bought my '18 R&T new, has about 26xx miles on it now. Clutching is stock, 32" tires on it since about 50 miles. While in low I don't notice any belt slip but when in High and standing on it hard on the road it feels like the belt slips a little. Belt is a Gates C-12 carbon belt I got in Moab last year when old belt (Hunterworks Thick belt btw) was slipping so bad it was causing misfire. The HW belt did have a lot of miles on it before that trip so I don't blame the belt. Current belt has about 800 miles on it.

Hunterworks sells a HL/XP4 specific clutch kit. I would assume the R&T clutching is the same since they share the same lower geared trans with the HL. clutch kit

I used a Dynojet Stage 2, comes witha tuner and all the stuff for the clutch kit.

If you're having CVT issues or belt slipping a clutch kit is needed. It's a long refinement process of finding where you want your rpms, and what you want it to feel like. My trail setup is clutched for 30's and really early engagement. It acts like stock with 32's it's a nice sweet spot. My RS1 race machine was clutched for very late engagement so I never smoked a belt. at about 2500rpm it bit instantly. Sounds a little counter intuitive. But in race situations I could brake and still be in the gas to keep everything moving.

Top Back Refresh