What's new

Rumors of Atlanta police walking off job

Blugreenformula

Fuck Cancer
Member Number
I have heard from multiple leo friends that 4 of the 6 Atlanta police zones have had mass walkouts. Any locals who can confirm?

I don't much care for the cops, but I hope it's true. All this defunding and disbanding talk, I hope more go on strike, refuse to answer calls, show up to any sort of security work totally unarmed. Let the politicians and people that want all that nonsense experience the consequences.

I've got plenty of rounds, so I hope it becomes a national thing. Norm is right - 30 days with minimal staff would open some eyes in a big hurry

They took an oath so if they walked out I hope they never work again.

Not so cut and simple. The DA also took an office, and is making it clear he's out to get cops. Would you stay on the job knowing they're out to get you, and you can not longer do your job right for fear of being on trial for murder and getting tossed under the bus at the first chance?

I don't blame them one bit. Go police a town that appreciates you, or at least lets you keep your basic right of self defense.

Good for them, any cop working in a big city like that with a high African American population needs to quit or transfer to a new area ASAP.

Not so cut and simple. The DA also took an office, and is making it clear he's out to get cops. Would you stay on the job knowing they're out to get you, and you can not longer do your job right for fear of being on trial for murder and getting tossed under the bus at the first chance?

I don't blame them one bit. Go police a town that appreciates you, or at least lets you keep your basic right of self defense.

I’m assuming this is due to the charges against the cop that shot the POS that pointed the taser at him? Is that what you mean by self defense? Because you have zero legal recourse if a cop points a taser at you, and pretty much none if a cop uses it on you. So why is it self defense for him if there’s a threat that he might get tased?

i might be making a big jump to conclusions about what you were referring to on self defense.

Chicago Mayor declared war on CPD while the riots were still happening for no specified reason. Cops believe she is trying to bait them into some sort of blue flu or work disruption because if they do that she can decertify the union and tear up the existing contract. Word is Chicago cops would be totally screwed if that happened. I wonder if Atlanta cops are caught in a similar situation.

Chicago Mayor declared war on CPD while the riots were still happening for no specified reason. Cops believe she is trying to bait them into some sort of blue flu or work disruption because if they do that she can decertify the union and tear up the existing contract. Word is Chicago cops would be totally screwed if that happened. I wonder if Atlanta cops are caught in a similar situation.

Yup, also a way to get out of the pensions. I hate chicago and illinois politics, but I also hate the public sector unions and the pension crises that I'll have to pay for though. My brains locking up!!!

Last edited:
They didn't take an oath to work. They took an oath to uphold the law. They won't be out robbing old ladies, they're just staying home. No problem with the oath at all.
This is what they signed up for. They know there are risks everyday. If they want to stay home because their feelings are hurt, fuck ‘em. You know who else feels under appreciated at work? Everyone. I hope those pussies never wear a badge again.
xCUidiu.jpg

I’m assuming this is due to the charges against the cop that shot the POS that pointed the taser at him? Is that what you mean by self defense? Because you have zero legal recourse if a cop points a taser at you, and pretty much none if a cop uses it on you. So why is it self defense for him if there’s a threat that he might get tased?

i might be making a big jump to conclusions about what you were referring to on self defense.

Perhaps because the cop has a loaded gun on him, and if tased and rendered unable to secure his weapon, the person might take said gun and use it on him or someone else?

This is what they signed up for. They know there are risks everyday. If they want to stay home because their feelings are hurt, fuck ‘em. You know who else feels under appreciated at work? Everyone. I hope those pussies never wear a badge again.

Has nothing at all to do with being appreciated. If that was the case, they would have all walked off a long time ago.

They are walking off right now because that cop is being charged. He had a "deadly weapon" pointed at him and responded to it. I say that in quotes because the same DA considered a taser a deadly weapon last time he charged some cops for using it against someone.

If you want to be a cop in ATL, you have to say to yourself that it's ok for you to be tased, have your gun taken from you and be killed with it. Or else you defend yourself and get charged with murder. It's about survival, not appreciation.

Perhaps because the cop has a loaded gun on him, and if tased and rendered unable to secure his weapon, the person might take said gun and use it on him or someone else?

Wait, what? So if I’m armed, and a cop points a taser at me, I should be justified in shooting him? Am I understanding your opinion?

OHV Wildcat said:
Wait, what? So if I’m armed, and a cop points a taser at me, I should be justified in shooting him? Am I understanding your opinion?

what law you going to break that justifies having a taser pointed at you?

I think people need to spend some time listening to their local police scanner. I bet lots of minds would change the second they realize how much shit goes on they dont know about because a bunch of good cops do their jobs.

If this keeps up I fear lots of people are going to have a rude awakening and sadly it will be to late.

what law you going to break that justifies having a taser pointed at you?

What does that have to do with it? Either a taser is an immediate threat to your life or it isn’t. If the taser isn’t life-threatening, that cop committed murder. If it is life-threatening, then why do cops tase people constantly?

What does that have to do with it? Either a taser is an immediate threat to your life or it isn’t. If the taser isn’t life-threatening, that cop committed murder. If it is life-threatening, then why do cops tase people constantly?

Because the reason they are tazing a suspect is not to take their firearm and kill them with it. That's not true if you turn that scenario around.

That's fawked up that there abandoning there shifts

They feel justified now but what about when they hear about the woman that got raped, or the child that got abducted while they made a statement

Protest on your day off, get the community to join your protest, don't abandon your community and then expect them to be on your side later

Oh and does this mean the boog is kickin off?:flipoff2:

https://twitter.com/atlpoliceradio/s...83903391666176

See new TweetsConversation

ATL Police Scanner
@atlpoliceradio
Hearing reports of people listening to the Zone 6 scanner hearing that police are being told to remove all personal items from the precinct - can't confirm but we just pulled it up and will keep y'all posted.

@atlpoliceradio
I heard it. Also “grabbing weapons out of the precinct” “wearing antifa garb“ and ”we don’t know where they’re coming from.”

curious how valid these are, but probably.

Right after you post the addresses and gate codes for all politicians. Right after we all get to carry whatever we want. Cops are a necessity if we can't protect ourselves.

well, you can carry whatever you want however you want right now, just make sure you "like and share" more BLM content than anything else :laughing:

well, you can carry whatever you want however you want right now, just make sure you "like and share" more BLM content than anything else :laughing:

I cant open carry in CA. Nor can I carry concealed without local LE approval (which usually means it wont be approved due to some "administrative" reason). In CA if I carry anything that is not approved by the pollitbureau and blessed by the state with my name attached to it by serial number, I'm the criminal. If I defend myself, even if I meet all the requirements, I'm in just as much legal trouble as the person I'm defending myself against., even with video proof.

Seems fair, righ?

Top Back Refresh