What's new

Ruger wrangler or heritage ?

jeeptj19992001

land of milk and honey
Member Number
Loc
land of milk and honey
Thinking of getting Ruger wrangler.....needed a carry on tractor pistol to cap ground hogs and rabbits with.
No place for a .22 rifle on a ford 8n or ac c.
Have other .22 pistols that are too nice to carry all the time.
Any one have one? Or should I get the cheaper heritage?
Leaning towards the ruger.....heard of problems with accuracy with the heritage....
Any real world users ?

I picked up a wrangler a couple months back. The fit and finish is horrible and its uncomfortable in the hand. However its fun to plink with for the price. I also domt get the feeling that it would hold up to years of abuse bouncing around a tractor.

Okay, third option used Ruger Single Six, preferably un modified three screw.

I got into buying 22lr slides for pistols that I already had. Started with a CZ kadet and then went off the deep end with a marvels. No complaints about either of them

What you’re describing is what the single six was made for. Use it but take care of it. Safe queens fucking suck.
No
I shoot it at cowboy shoot we have at the club monthly.
All my firearms are used.
But falling off the tractor, or getting caught in the rain is not I brought it for.

But it or another used one would hold up to the task long term. The $199 specials wont.
That is why I r am on the fence.
Just trying to find a cheap single six .....
Cray cray prices right now. Cheapest was 450 so far.
Thinking of just buy that one and being done with it.
Going to stop at bass pro tomorrow. They have the wrangler in stock. Going to finger fuck it and look at the quality, but I do like shooting the single.

For 450.00 I’d grab another single 6......
You hate to see what I put my Colts through😜

Just bought this
.22 / .22 mag
Fair condition

Screenshot_20220523-200350_Brave.jpg

Anyone got a Diamondback Sidekick yet? More than a Wrangler, a lot more than a Heritage, but a lot less than a Single Six. Plus, it's double/single with an WMR cylinder, and 9 rounds. Seems like a lot for the money. Street price is around $300.

diamondb.jpg

Ive got a wrangler that I have put probably 300+ rounds through. For a cheap pistol it goes bang and does the job as accurately as I can shoot it. A single six is nice but its not $300 nicer.

So a random gun shop had a cheapo revolver in 22wmr. I think it was around $275 and had an awkwardly long barrel. With that horrible description does anyone know what I was looking at or if I should buy it? I have aquired a decent amount of wmr and need something to put it through.

So a random gun shop had a cheapo revolver in 22wmr. I think it was around $275 and had an awkwardly long barrel. With that horrible description does anyone know what I was looking at or if I should buy it? I have aquired a decent amount of wmr and need something to put it through.
Buy it

Top Back Refresh