What's new

Ruffstuff 2+ perch

KYZuk

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Has anyone ran Ruffstuff Specialties 2+ perches? They look like an interesting way to gain some wheelbase. I’m wondering if I should try them when I redo my suspension on my sami.
1DCAB517-2A00-45BF-AB69-FC58FDBE3E60.jpeg

Those probably won't work well on a Sami axle fwiw.

Otherwise, it depends on the leaf. Leafs that are already offset, I don't like offsetting much. On the other hand, YJ's seem to still work fine with offset perches since the pin is centered.

If you're redoing the suspension, I'd try and mount the leafs correctly to put the axle where you want it.

I used these and am happy with it. Just be careful with the fine thread bolts going into the threaded portion of the perch

I did. You’ll have to cut the bolts in the rear to length. They send you bolts longer than you’ll need. I believe it is 1-3” of wheelbase.
and yeah, be careful about the fine threads. Don‘t be a dipshit like me and crossthread it then snap a grade 8 bolt in the perch.

I built my own similar when I did CJ’s /RUF, worked good, got the front tires far enough in front of the fire wall to not rub at full lock full stuff.

Those probably won't work well on a Sami axle fwiw.

Otherwise, it depends on the leaf. Leafs that are already offset, I don't like offsetting much. On the other hand, YJ's seem to still work fine with offset perches since the pin is centered.

If you're redoing the suspension, I'd try and mount the leafs correctly to put the axle where you want it.

It will more than likely be Toyota axles with YJ’s. I thought this would be a good compromise to gain some more wheelbase while improving approach/departure angles with the leafs.

It will more than likely be Toyota axles with YJ’s. I thought this would be a good compromise to gain some more wheelbase while improving approach/departure angles with the leafs.
Like I said, YJ are a good candidate, imo. If you were running, say, Toyota rears which are about the same length, but are about 20"/27" (YJ's are 23.5"/23.5") running offaet per he's can get goofy.

Like I said, YJ are a good candidate, imo. If you were running, say, Toyota rears which are about the same length, but are about 20"/27" (YJ's are 23.5"/23.5") running offaet per he's can get goofy.

I’ll definitely look into and research the offset Toyotas. I just know I’ve ridden in a YJ swapped sami and liked the ride and flex. I don’t know much about ones swapped with the Toyota leafs.

Top Back Refresh