What's new

Rubicon

Wilson

Newb
Member Number
Anyone have a current status report for the Rubicon? I’m sure that there’s plenty of water/ mud and some snow. Has anyone gone through yet?

Snow is only in shaded trees. Water is flowin. Headin back for a Tahoma drop in...in a few weeks.

Spent the weekend there and went from Loon to big sluice and back. Zero snow on that section of trail. Some water on the trail, but all of the lakes, ponds etc are crazy low.

Reactions: Clb
Thanks for the update...
Anyone gotta report on the other side of the river??
Getting excited to run it for the first time with this build..

Thanks for the update...
Anyone gotta report on the other side of the river??
Getting excited to run it for the first time
How bigga zoo is memorial weekend gunna be this year...
It's always packed on Memorial Day cause nothing else is open except for Fordyce...but now that Committee is closed for that construction...Fordyce is gonna be a shitshow if anybody breaks.

It's always packed on Memorial Day cause nothing else is open except for Fordyce...but now that Committee is closed for that construction...Fordyce is gonna be a shitshow if anybody breaks.
They keep saying they're going to lose it, but then leave it open? Did they actually close it?

They keep saying they're going to lose it, but then leave it open? Did they actually close it?
The gate is gonna be closed during construction season(summer)...and open during the winter season. Till 2023.
The only time it will be open during summer is for Sierra Trek.

It should be closed already but I haven't been by or to Fordyce this year yet. Probably message some from FOF if you want accurate info lol.

U T
Friday thru Monday,
I got talked into it , my buddies first run thru, my plans blew out to stay away from the fukkfest this year.:eek:
grey first gen heeps,falcon ranchero onna f350idi.
Mostly going to gauge gas mileage on the 22re swap so I know what to expect on dusy in August.

Oh and "here's to those we left behind":beer:
" We miss ya":usa:

Last edited:
When is the best time to go during summer months? We are considering the haul next summer but have heard there is still snow on the trail through July/ August?

When is the best time to go during summer months? We are considering the haul next summer but have heard there is still snow on the trail through July/ August?
It changes every year. There is no snow now, but have also been on the same weekend with 15’ +. Later in the summer is a safer bet for snow, but means dust, fire restrictions, etc.

U T
Friday thru Monday,
I got talked into it , my buddies first run thru, my plans blew out to stay away from the fukkfest this year.:eek:
grey first gen heeps,falcon ranchero onna f350idi.
Mostly going to gauge gas mileage on the 22re swap so I know what to expect on dusy in August.

Oh and "here's to those we left behind":beer:
" We miss ya":usa:
Cool. Have fun.

I'm coming in Monday but on Tahoe side. Not sure what time but probably won't see you since you'll be headin out Loon likely.

I can do the Dusy with a 22R and factory 13 gal tank plus two 20L nato cans. I end back up at Shaver with 5-6gal in tank in truck still. So about 17-18 gal to run trail and drive from Shaver/down Kaiser Pass.

Reactions: Clb
Check the RTF calendar but 2nd or 3rd week
of Sept is my favorite time on the Con'.

Otherwise last week of June is great as well.
July-Labor Day is dry, hot, dusty(typically)and swamped with runs, events and people.

X2 on Wilson said far as snow though. Every year is different but lately it's been pretty dry out there in July-August past 3 or 4 years.

texas..
Almost never seen a "summer closure" cept for cal 4 type runs and fire.
June (my fav ) is cooler and there can be wet stuff in low areas.
The sept. Runs are great for playing in the water tho...
Seems that rtf has slacked off on updates latley, (I miss resqueme , John) seems we lost some of the locals in the switch:emb:

U T unless we break or cannot swim springs I think we are out caddy mon am .:beer:

Eppic weekend
Rock Zombies,
( potr good to see some of ya)
Thanx fer the show

Went in Tahoma 2PM on Tues....camped Buck East side Tues night with no other people on East side..partied. Wed ran out of Buck and ran into few groups comin in. Partied at Beer Tree at dusk and then ran out to spillway. Ended up campin out on a spur road by the high T's NorthWest of Loon Campground. Home back in Valley by 5PM after some lunch at Ice House resort.

It's a tad wet on Tahoe side still but no crazy mud or water still. Some snow drifts off to sides. Cadillac is not dug out yet. Everything else is great. Big Sluice is tore up but not too bad.

Found part of a square front driveshaft on the buggy line at Buck Slabs.

It’s wasn’t that bad. Lots of big groups though. Wheeled a lot. Committee was open. Weather was perfect, mosquitoes sucked ass, and a friend camping with us saw a nice bear not far from WH1.

Went in Tahoma 2PM on Tues....camped Buck East side Tues night with no other people on East side..partied. Wed ran out of Buck and ran into few groups comin in. Partied at Beer Tree at dusk and then ran out to spillway. Ended up campin out on a spur road by the high T's NorthWest of Loon Campground. Home back in Valley by 5PM after some lunch at Ice House resort.

It's a tad wet on Tahoe side still but no crazy mud or water still. Some snow drifts off to sides. Cadillac is not dug out yet. Everything else is great. Big Sluice is tore up but not too bad.

Found part of a square front driveshaft on the buggy line at Buck Slabs.
Purty sure that happened sat eve...
thanx fer the Tahoe side report.

Anyone have a real knowledge of the distance from kiosk to buck bam?
The Ranchero guy from memorial day, wants to know..
Please no guessing or my " cousin's grandpa said" stuff this round...:flipoff2:

Thanx I never seem to retain the granite mile markers...
The millennial with us said springs was a 2 hr trip from buck, and that we could do it easy (Same guy with the dead puter one hour outta buck headin home) so that's bout what I though minus half way...

Springs to Buck is 2hrs no problem with a beer break long as you don't got anybody who turtles in your group. :fo2:

Deer Valley is open FYI. Barrett the Hi-Landers went in to clear and prep trail this weekend. Aiming for July 16th opening.

Heading up tomorrow for the rest of the week, first time actually running the Rubicon, 6 hour drive from my driveway to loon. Trying not to forget anything :shaking:

My windshield is no more, whats the likeliness of it raining more than just a drizzle during June?

Top Back Refresh