What's new

Rubicon trail closed? Why hasn't this made gcc?

They want us all to be pussies.

The other week during the storm the freeway electronic signs said Severe storms. Do not travel until Thursday evening.

Wednesday was clear as could be. Sign still up.

Roads were fine.
About a month ago we had a bad windstorm and they closed the main road. Like, "Tough shit, go home".

I pulled up, told the cop I needed to get through to get to work, I'm a plow operator. Dude about backed into the ditch while hauling ass out of the way to let me through.

Road wasn't even THAT bad.

As far as I'm concerned, we need to stop dumbing and safing stuff down to the dumbest of dumb.
Can't drive worth a shit and you fly off a cliff in a blaze of glory? Well, shoulda known better and stayed home.

Are you the guy that was contracted by one of the guys in the now famous group?
No I’m not, i listened to the podcast and heard about that. Although I do have access to those. I was saying that as a joke due to hearing the statements made by the parties involved in this decision.

Agreed. Electronic signs here are reading similar b.s.

Nit only that , state isn't cleaning state roads like they have in past years... they are waiting .. feeling I'm getting is that exactly they want us scared.... :lmao::lmao::lmao:.. used to be they were cleaning the pass like no other.. this year lucky to see 2 truck (CDOT)... on the pass after it's done snowing.. let alone they have no clue how to remove snow from Highway. Literally pushing it around...
CDOT doesn't have enough employees, apparently even Wendys pays better... but- I drove to Colorado Springs Wednesday and passed 2 asshole driven CDOT plows on Hwy 24 between Hartsel and Florrisant. They were not doing anything that needed done and the road was just wet where they were and they basically were just rolling road blocks. My car looked like a rootbeer slurpie when I got to Woodland Park.

I believe it. When I worked for the DOT as a journeyman 2 equipment operator, it paid $23.60/hr, no overtime.
Could work 5x 8hrs or 4x 10hrs. 4 10s you had to agree to no overtime pay.
Journeyman 1 was right around $20.

It did go up with "time in service", but it'd take ~10 yrs before getting to high 60k a year area.

CDOT doesn't have enough employees, apparently even Wendys pays better... but- I drove to Colorado Springs Wednesday and passed 2 asshole driven CDOT plows on Hwy 24 between Hartsel and Florrisant. They were not doing anything that needed done and the road was just wet where they were and they basically were just rolling road blocks. My car looked like a rootbeer slurpie when I got to Woodland Park.

Naches trail is closed up here every November 15ish, till snow is melted, April 15ish….. same with Evans Creek…. These are both high elevation and National Park land!!!! Elbe is open year round, lower elevation and State Land!!!!

I wish it was still April 15th, we'd be camping and wheelin' memorial day weekend. That annual event stopped when the pushed it back to June 15th. Now we camp and ride dirt bikes. Sucks, a lot of that old group sold off their rigs over the next few years. Mine mostly sits now.

Top Back Refresh