What's new

Rubicon talk in Chit chat

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

​​
Whatever Kurt's name on here is was just up there last weekend... he may have some insight

Ran it with OTR in our wagons and my kid's 41 Willys. Monday through Thursday, which is THE time to run the trail.

Unfortunately, a lot of the "overlander" snorkel crowd has been trying to run the trail. We saw one group of snorkled toyotas and a guy by himseld that was trail tamponing Whale Bones....it took him and hour and a half to get to that point. :shaking::shaking:

Rig-wise, you will be fine as long as you have experience wheeling, it is not that hard of a trail. The remoteness of it makes it dangerous though, and you need to be able to fix yer own chit if it does break.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wagon1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	475.8 KB ID:	69555
Click image for larger version  Name:	wagons22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	422.6 KB ID:	69556

wagons2.jpg

Yall better stay safe and watch out for Jeremy Felts AKA American Jeeper.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

​​

Ran it with OTR in our wagons and my kid's 41 Willys. Monday through Thursday, which is THE time to run the trail.

Unfortunately, a lot of the "overlander" snorkel crowd has been trying to run the trail. We saw one group of snorkled toyotas and a guy by himseld that was trail tamponing Whale Bones....it took him and hour and a half to get to that point. :shaking::shaking:

Rig-wise, you will be fine as long as you have experience wheeling, it is not that hard of a trail. The remoteness of it makes it dangerous though, and you need to be able to fix yer own chit if it does break.

That wagoneer is sexy. Any body damage getting it through?

That wagoneer is sexy. Any body damage getting it through?

A little ding on a back quarter panel..

The biggest damage came from when i was towing my kid's Willys out. He ended up losing his brakes and smashed into my rear side door at an angle with his highlift which is mounted on his front bumper. It is not THAT bad, but it punched a little hole in my door.

It was a total PITA towing him out after he lost his brakes. Especially through the bowl. We had to daisy-chain his rig between the two wagons. Before he broke though, his rig was just mobbing the trail with zero issues

peywilly.jpg

peytow.jpg

Top Back Refresh