What's new

RSWORDS 25' C-Hawk...Search for 55

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
This is RSWORDS 's's C-hawk, bringing it over here so that we can all enjoy future updates, I'll be obvious when it is my comments, everything else is his words 🍺.....

Jul 18, 2018 Picked up a new family boat. 2002 25' commercial C-Hawk. Boat was set up with a single 225 Honda and saw a best of 44 mph.

1.jpg

At 25' long and 9'6 wide it has plenty of room. Plus being a commercial model it doesn't require a pesky Coast Guard maximum capacities plate with stupid limits like max people and HP.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Found a Mercury 250 EFI from a friend with a hole in a piston. The hydrostream will sacrifice its powerhead for the rest of summer and I'll rebuild this one to 300promax specs this winter.
santa V2.0 said:
Cool, but those chicks are hairy and ugly.​
They put out though:laughing:
void_of_light said:
What’s the plan for moving that thing down the road? Is it going to stay at a marina or are you going to play the I hope the cops can’t read a tape measure game?

Badass boat either way.​
It will live on my lift. But we have blanket wide load permits for our trailers for when I need to haul it
Mr. Mindless said:
Subbed. I need more boat. Tease me. Give me bad ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk​
It's the shit. I've always wanted a side console big open boat. Thought the wife would never go for it. Borrowed a friends 23 parker one night and she said we need this.

I still have the hydrostream to go fast and the proline to fish. This is just pile 20 people on and go to the beach boat

Got some pictures from the original owner when it was still being used as a commercial fishing boat

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Texas97 said:
ok, get to the dirty financial details. What is the number you financed at 8.5% for 144 months?

:flipoff2:
I have a great loan. 100% down at 0% and no payments for 0 months

I'll be sub 9k cash out of pocket when all said and done.

IEATRKS84 said:
what the fuck does everyone do when you are moving?​
Beach chairs, bean bag chairs, the side.

Or they stand...

It's not a rough weather setup for lots of people

7.jpg

8.jpg

93_Fummins said:
Nice! :smokin: I've always liked the idea of high side wide bottom boats, but for inland folks that usually means Alweld Scorpions or something which are center console and deep vee so there isn't as much open center space, or they are just flat decked and hot as fawk in the sun! Never seen one like that though. Super jelly...​
It's not super high sided. Thigh height or even a bit less at the stern
Provience said:
Nice :smokin: finish the other one first! :flipoff2:

search for 55? at just what point will this big bastard flip itself over :laughing: 56?​

55 will hold me with the big boys.

9.jpg

Got the motor all rigged up last night and the gear case mounted. Converted a gen 2 alpha lower to outboard setup to get the 1.62 gear.

10.jpg

11.jpg

Java said:
Damn that is a lot of floor space! Part of why I love my CC tho, so much room. That is a wide bitch to trailer tho.​
People regularly tow boats th is wide around here
RSWORDS said:
People regularly tow boats th is wide around here​
I'm sure, just not the norm around me. Mine is only just over 7' ish with the trailer!

Couple pics from this weekend. Still chasing down a intermittent running issue.

15.jpg

16.jpeg

17.jpeg

Wow... been a bit.

Ended up converting over to 250 efi set up with a 300 ignition box for more timing. Ran that setup for quite a while with mid to high 40s in perfect conditions.

Suddenly in the last week or so I lost about 500 rpm and it's missing horrible in the mid range with no bottom end.

So instead of troubleshooting it I dug out my old downdraft 2002 EFI and dug in.

Sending off the heads to get cut, flywheel lightened, notching the CPS, fiber reeds and Reed stuffers, billit intake to move the injectors outside like the 300x set up.... should get my 55 number.... and for 60... welll....

18.jpg

Mr. Mindless said:
Wet shot seems like a good pun for a boat​
Lol. I'll run it on the c hawk but not the hydrostream. Figure 75 or 100 hp should be good
87manche said:
sweet baby jesus it's gonna be a death machine.

how big a bottle you gonna carry? It's gotta last all weekend with you holding the button down.
I'm nearly back to boat project.
as soon as I put this tractor back together.​
Honestly my intention is to prop the boat to about 6000-6200 and spray it close to 7k (rods come apart around 7200)

Small bottle will be fine. I'm not trying to beat every boat out there
87manche said:
not with that attitude you won't.

Ad a few beers AMD you know that story changes
92_Chevy_1500 said:
Nitrous on a fishing boat. Pretty sure I've seen it all now. :laughing:

Dibs on your stuff. :flipoff2:
Meh. Not really anything crazy.
Doc Holiday13 said:
Nice looking boat.. I need to get my boat license so i can take my friends wakeboarding craft out.

Did you do any mods to it yet? Sun shade, awning, padded seats, MOAR HP, different prop?​
No shade, no seats. Played with the HP some, about to assemble a new more powerful motor. Played with all sorts of props
Doc Holiday13 said:
Its a requirement in VA. I can't remember if its a boat size or HP minimum

Not required for a cayak, canoe, etc..​
10hp and above

Go on the boat US website. Its free
KacksterK5 said:
Bitchin!!! bottom paint and nitrous, what a combo!!!!

please video chine walk at 60+
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
Nah. Shes a stable old girl and plenty of these hulls with twins in the 50s

Billit Reed plate is machined and on its way. Should flow a bit better with the rail and injectors on the outside. It's a copy of the no longer available 300x intake with a bit of extra :laughing:

Click image for larger version  Name:	19.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	30354

Click image for larger version  Name:	20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	30355

Click image for larger version  Name:	21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	30356

Click image for larger version  Name:	22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.9 KB ID:	30357

For comparison this is a stock reed plate with the injectors and rail in the intake track.

23.jpg

Java said:
That's :smokin:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk​
It's pretty pimp

Got the new heads on the motor. From 74cc down to 64.5cc. Should up the umph a bit.

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Also got my Chris Carson Reeds and Reed block stuffers installed. Metal reeds breaking and going through an outboard is not good. I run Chris's reed in all my motors and customers motors. Always had great experiences.

This is the first time I've used his stuffers though. I can't wait to try them!

Hopefully tomorrow I can mout the reed plate, intake, and fuel system.

29.jpg

30.jpg

Java said:
You shaves 10cc's out of the heads?! Damn.

Yep.... well Charlie my machinist and 3 liter guru did. Lol

31.jpg

32.jpg

Java said:
Your making me want to hot rod my old merc 2stroke.....

Its addictive. My next big jump (way down the road) will be knocking this from a 3 liter to a 3.5 with new sleeves and a stroke crank.
Java said:
Mines only a 2L iirc (maybe 2.2 or 2.4?)... Merc 115 2 stoke carbed. 2001 one of the 2+2 designs right before they went efi.

Yeah get a V6 lol
CDA 455 said:
Boat pron! :smokin:

TticzQm.gif

Yep. I'm starting to get excited....

Got the intake on and did a quick compression test. Cutting the heads from the 74-75cc stock to 64.5 gave me145psi up from the factory 110. Definitely gonna be a 93 octane motor. :laughing:

Wow. Been a bit.

So the 225 with bumped compression, Chris Carson reeds and staffers has been a torque monster. The low end and mid range is unbelievable. Picked up a tiny bit on the top seeeing a best of 48.

The intake swap and a 300x tune would wake her up for sure. But.... this powerhead is heading to the hydrostream and I'm gonna cheat a bit with 300hp of 3.2 stroker 100% Meecury racing gold block goodness.

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

35.jpg

Couple more

And the reason it was so cheap. Lost a direct injector so will need a sleeve, rod and piston and new bearings throughout.

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

sparepartsdave said:
if you need another 3.0L Got a customer down here with a 04(?) 250 EFI , He repowered with a F300 Yamaha. Can be bought cheap, was running and in good shape when pulled. No one wants those motors around here.​
How much? And where you at?

I'm kinda stacked on 3 liter blocks but could use some 250 ecms and have a good buddy in FL that is looking for some good cores to make 3.5s out of
Scout Dude said:
Nice setup. Good to see custom shit being completed as well. Seems like most people around here just drink the Kool aid and swap stock 300s on. I have a Dorado with a 230hp diesel that I occasionally consider swapping to an outboard. Based on what you have done, it looks like I could probably get away with a 250 and hotrod it a bit instead of starting with a 300. I think a 250 would be much cheaper to get around here.​
I always suggest swapping to an outboard. Lol

Here's a 24 Albemarle I've been working on that we pulled a volvo stern drive out of . Should test run next week.

40.jpg

41.jpg

Whipped up a spare stand for my 300 the other night after work and got it mounted this afternoon.

42.jpg

43.jpg

joez said:
That thing is going to be sweet with that setup. I wish I had held out for a bracketed hull instead of the notched one I picked up, but everything else was right on it, Including the price.​
I think mid fifties easily
Scout Dude said:
Sure, but it's work for you. For me, it's 200% of my purchase to swap... that's a hard sell to my wife. Maybe in another year or two.

That Albemarle is sweet though. I'm still torn on a bracket vs a hydraulic lift mount (forgot the name). Like this guy:. https://youtu.be/iyRMlpumEaA
Thats a porta bracket. They kick a$$. And the $$ isn't there because I'm scared to say ass.

Seriously though they are awesome. Doing a conversion go with a flotation bracket

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

Pulled the block apart. Except for what i expected in #6 everything looks great.

This one won't buff out this time. LOL

Sleeve and piston will be here Wednesday then off to the machine shop

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

Sure is alot of stuff to pull off. Lol

50.jpg

Carbon fiber reeds will make it too.

51.jpg

DozerDan said:
BS that won't buff out. Ye of little faith ha ha​
Problem solved

52.jpg

Took the block to my machinist yesterday at lumch and picked it up today. Got the sleeve in and the other 5 honed

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

Has RSWORDS made it into this thread here yet? I hope he does. He had lots of cool threads and tech back in the dark days:grinpimp:

Has RSWORDS made it into this thread here yet? I hope he does. He had lots of cool threads and tech back in the dark days:grinpimp:

I haven't seen him, he has put some updates on the progress on this thing over on the facebooks. hopefully he updates it here :laughing: but it is summer and he is rocking the beach with his kid all day

I'm back!

Got the 300 together. The boat is a BEAST 50mph top so far. The extra weight from the rotten floor and stringers is definitely holding me back. The low end and mid range torque is insane though and the fuel milage is awesome.
20211004_183120.jpg
20210820_123715.jpg

I'm back!

Got the 300 together. The boat is a BEAST 50mph top so far. The extra weight from the rotten floor and stringers is definitely holding me back. The low end and mid range torque is insane though and the fuel milage is awesome.

Glad youre back! More pics, more tech, more stories :flipoff2:

That's interesting about the commercial boat rules.

Are you allowed to add seat/bench attach to boat?

Looks rad though.

That's interesting about the commercial boat rules.

Are you allowed to add seat/bench attach to boat?

Looks rad though.

Yeah I could do whatever I want. I love the completely open boat though. Makes it very comfortable for lots of people. This Is a typical weekend. Nothing to have 10 to 12 people on the boat.
20210817_113857.jpg
20210817_145837.jpg
20210828_105533_02.jpg

Yeah I could do whatever I want. I love the completely open boat though. Makes it very comfortable for lots of people. This Is a typical weekend. Nothing to have 10 to 12 people on the boat.
20210817_113857.jpg
20210817_145837.jpg
20210828_105533_02.jpg
Didn't even know this was possible. That open space is awesome! Kinda like having pontoon space but quicker.

What state and website did you use to buy this? I'll definitely want have a boat like that.

What speed do you go up to comfortablly with everyone on it in that photo?

It's a 25' Chawk

She will run mid 40s all day loaded down

RSWORDS hows the new series of Mercs holding up? Do I need to harass my buddy who designed the block about anything lol?

They are kicking pure ass.

Wish they could get production ramped up. 64 week wait for a new one right now

They are kicking pure ass.

Wish they could get production ramped up. 64 week wait for a new one right now
Lol really? If I had to guess it’s the fucking coweling that’s causing the backlog. My buddy was bitching about that last year. They are so labor intensive and all it takes is a scratch to send them to the reject pile.

Did you get a v12 yet? He designed that block also.

Lol really? If I had to guess it’s the fucking coweling that’s causing the backlog. My buddy was bitching about that last year. They are so labor intensive and all it takes is a scratch to send them to the reject pile.

Did you get a v12 yet? He designed that block also.

Have a coustomer with a 43 Whaler with triple V12s. Went to Atlanta a couple months ago and got my Cert. AMAZING motors.

Top Back Refresh