What's new
  • If you have not received the email confirmation check your Spam folder. If it's not there please use the Contact Us Form and let us know your username.

If you have a Yahoo! email, they are currently blocking everything the site sends. Please contact us dierctly with the link above.

Rover Engine Replacement

GGRR 4555

Member Number
Howdy Folks!

The engine in my Discovery 1is starting to have some concerning knock when its cold. I suspect its days are numbered. Here are two questions:

1) Any recommendations on keeping this alive longer? It sounds fine when warm but pretty wicked when cold.

2) Who makes the best reman/crate engines? Do you have any first hand experience with them?

FYI this is the Rover's second engine. the 4.0 died with the previous owner and he put a junkyard 4.6 in it. The 4.6 is the current motor.

Jeth_Rover

Member Number
I have worked with I.E. Rovers to build a raffle truck and know they do really good work on those and even up the displacement/power.

A few club members have bought long blocks from Rovers North/Atlantic British and had success.

Turner engineering in the UK does new/rebuilds and I have seen theirs in builds but I haven't personally purchased.

There are also kits to use LS engines and mate them to the drive train...

Hope that helps!

GGRR 4555

Member Number
I have worked with I.E. Rovers to build a raffle truck and know they do really good work on those and even up the displacement/power.

A few club members have bought long blocks from Rovers North/Atlantic British and had success.

Turner engineering in the UK does new/rebuilds and I have seen theirs in builds but I haven't personally purchased.

There are also kits to use LS engines and mate them to the drive train...

Hope that helps!
Thank you!!

PS. I have followed you on instagram for ages. Keep living the Rover Dream!