What's new

Rodent deterrent for shit parked outside

lpukas2

Maintains those stupid things that fly
Member Number
Loc
Vail, AZ
Just bought a place where I have to start worrying about pack rats and such nesting in my shit. I know most people just use LED light around their campers and such. But have any of you tried something like this? Currently have a small camping trailer and my Heep outside and need to do something before the find it.

Mouse Blocker

Them are the new fad I see advertisements galore....
I got nuthin but am watching this:beer:

For what it's worth I dispersed rat poison bars all over my shed and poured diesel around the outside. Haven't seen any sign of rat shit on the floor since I did that

Just bought a place where I have to start worrying about pack rats and such nesting in my shit. I know most people just use LED light around their campers and such. But have any of you tried something like this? Currently have a small camping trailer and my Heep outside and need to do something before the find it.

Mouse Blocker

i use one on my big tractor that parked outside in fields and just randomly on the ranch, been going strong now for a year and no mice chews anywhere. its more expensive but completely worth. i bought two last year and have one as a spare. i love it. i may park the skid steer outside the conex box and put the mouse blocker deal on it and be GTG.

FWIW, the asshole cows still got bored and chewed on the block heater plug-in wires, even though they were bound up tight in electrical tape and secured to the block. assholes. ruined some alternator wires on my IH a couple years ago. That still sucks.

Good luck. Outside of having a cat, I have had no luck.

Bought some house hold ultrasonic mice blockers fuckers piled stolen cat food under one of them

Seems to work around the South Ranch pfg!!:smokin:

Attachments

• 20210929_172054.jpg
    20210929_172054.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Oops
20210411_202200.jpg

Last edited:
FIL used to hang empty soda bottles half filled with moth balls under his camper, 6-8 under a 26' camper. Never had an issue with mice or anything.

Have you tried this or only repeating internet hearsay?
It seems to work okay for a while. Have a lot of equipment and trucks/vehicles sitting around and over winter next to a field.

I've been doing it for years seems to be a good mild deterrent.

Ymmv

Irish Spring bar soap.

Yes, have been using it for 5-6 years. 2 travel trailers now and previously a motorhome. We clean them out well and distribute a few bars around in likely areas. Our travel trailers are full of food, messy kids and dogs, all summer in one spot. Dumped in storage all winter.

No issues with mice in all of that time.

I've tried dryer sheets and moth balls... rodents didn't give a shit and pushed them out of the way to keep building. Fuckers still ate a coil plug wire twice:homer:

Same truck this year doesn't seem to have an issue with rodents sitting in the "field" even if I don't fire it up for a month or more at a time.

No personal experience, but what about a completely enclosed cover?

EDIT:

This one cracks me up. They claim it can be used to shield your car during hail storms, tornadoes, or earthquakes. :lmao:

My turn to look for something to keep the critters out.

A mouse got into Mrs car, had babies on the cabin air filter, a couple babies died, the rest bailed.

It didn’t take me long to find the source of the stink. It’s taking a little longer to get the stink out of the car 🤢

Top Back Refresh