What's new

Road bicycle guys

dntsdad

Central California
Member Number
Loc
Central California
I had the bike thread over there but I will start another here,

I bought the Cannondale Lefty and I love it. Been riding it like crazy and have no thoughts of getting rid of it. I have been riding with some people that do 25 mile rides and the Lefty gravel bike isn't ideal for that.

I thought about getting another set of wheels and tires and swapping but after shopping, I can get another road bike for not a whole lot more.

What is the opinion of this one for those of your guys that are into bike

https://fresno.craigslist.org/bik/d/...142825210.html

I have a similar model giant that I got got 'used' for 500 3-4 years ago. It's nice for road/tris/ scenic rides. It will beat the hell out if a 'normal' bike only thing I wish was I had more gears. Think mine only has 24(3x8) speeds, usually end up in top 3 gears 95% of the time.

Stay out of the road with your kids toy? Is that bike advice?

Last edited:
Why? is there something wrong with that bike?

No, nothing wrong with it, just a bit old and very meh.

105 hasn't been 10 speed since 2014 and those are the first gen 105 10 speed shifters which puts them from 2006 to 2009.

On the other hand, nice wheels are one of the best, most noticeable upgrades you can make. Stiffer wheels with less rotational mass are both very good things.

What's the spec on your cannondale?

105 hasn't been 10 speed since 2014 and those are the first gen 105 10 speed shifters which puts them from 2006 to 2009.

On the other hand, nice wheels are one of the best, most noticeable upgrades you can make. Stiffer wheels with less rotational mass are both very good things.

Here is the Cannondale. I love the bike but for the longer rides I think a true road bike would be better.

00Y0Y_lcM17aTrzHR_1200x900.jpg

I am just learning all this bike stuff.

So the CF frame and fork and the wheels are huge pluses I would assume but you are saying that the groupset is outdated. Can you change out to the more modern groupset? What kind of cost is that?

What about this one?

My Lefty is 56cm and fits well. So is this one but its obviously owned by a woman. Is this a woman's bike? WTF is the difference other than a smaller frame size in most cases?

https://slo.craigslist.org/bik/7136562201.html

First it's a woman's bike, then it's dressing in drag, then it's HRT, then it's getting the snip and tuck, then it's leading an Antifa rally, then it's burning business and tearing down statues, and it ends with being put down via 182 grains of freedom delivered at 2800 FPS by somebody wearing a tacticool vest with a "Don't steppy on snakey!!!" button pinned to it.

:flipoff2:

Honestly just go sample a couple used bikes at your local bike shop, so you have an idea of what your preference would be.
I have cheap Windsor road bike (BikesDirect) that my cousin let me have super cheap after he moved onto fancier (carbon fiber) bikes. Does me fine for what little riding I do.

On MTB side I bought older Specialized Enduro off a fellow a few years ago for a decent deal.

No interest in dropping lots of $$$ unless an engine is attached to it, hence why I have my Ninja 650:flipoff2:

First it's a woman's bike, then it's dressing in drag, then it's HRT, then it's getting the snip and tuck, then it's leading an Antifa rally, then it's burning business and tearing down statues, and it ends with being put down via 182 grains of freedom delivered at 2800 FPS by somebody wearing a tacticool vest with a "Don't steppy on snakey!!!" button pinned to it.

and skip the Starbucks phase completely??!! Yeah, I don't want to learn that language anyways.

and skip the Starbucks phase completely??!! Yeah, I don't want to learn that language anyways.

You already have a road bike. The Starbucks phase was before that. You just missed it because all those Venti Caffè Americano Mistos with extra soy boi cuck juice in them resulted in some significant memory loss.

You need new friends, erm, people that you ride with.

There is NO good reason to ride a road bike unless you are Lance Armstrong, a douche hippie kid without a car commuting to work, old and scared of it, or gay.

NO other good reason.

​​​​

​​​​​​

What about this one?

My Lefty is 56cm and fits well. So is this one but its obviously owned by a woman. Is this a woman's bike? WTF is the difference other than a smaller frame size in most cases?

https://slo.craigslist.org/bik/7136562201.html

That one is a bit better.

Probably about 10 years newer.

105 is Third-tier components.

That bike is an almost race level frame, with okay components. It's not a women's specific frame, just has a women's saddle on it.

I have a supersix, a 2014 model. It's a bit long in the tooth. It is very fast and responsive. But not that comfortable on longer rides.

I have been wanting to get a newer road bike. I'll be looking at the synapse, it's still light and higher quality, but the geometry is a little more relaxed and comfortable than the supersix.

Here is the Cannondale. I love the bike but for the longer rides I think a true road bike would be better.

How tall are you? That bike has a lot of seat post out, could probably fit a larger road bike.

That bike also looks closer to the MTB and of the gravel bike spectrum. Big tires on 650b wheels, MTB derailleur and casette. 700c road wheels and tires may or may not fit. Plus the dropouts and that fork may make finding adequate wheels difficult.

I regularly ride my Diverge (a gravel bike) 20-30 miles or more on the road. Are you looking for speed? I prefer the geometry of the gravel bike as it is more comfortable to ride sitting a little more upright IMO.

.... Blah Blah.... NO other good reason.​​
​​​​​​​
Enjoy your strawberry cheesecake :flipoff2: Jever hear of being "bicycle thin" or " low blood pressure"?

I used a garden variety 10 speed bike w/straight handlebar for riding a century. And used it to commute to old job too.

dntsdad- Good Luck, already made good choices :beer:

Buy yourself a set of ebay carbon wheels. You will be amazed at what it will do for your bike.

This. Add the skinniest/slickest tires that will fit on those wheels 23, 28, etc air them up to 100psi and call it good. No need for another bike.

How tall are you? That bike has a lot of seat post out, could probably fit a larger road bike.

That bike also looks closer to the MTB and of the gravel bike spectrum. Big tires on 650b wheels, MTB derailleur and casette. 700c road wheels and tires may or may not fit. Plus the dropouts and that fork may make finding adequate wheels difficult.

I think so too on the seatpost but my legs extend perfect, as in just under full extention, from the YouTube videos I watched on setting the seat height.

I am right at 6' and about 185-190, sexy as fuck, large penis.

This. Add the skinniest/slickest tires that will fit on those wheels 23, 28, etc air them up to 100psi and call it good. No need for another bike.

Not sure how swapping the wheels with the Lefty front is going to work honestly. I will have to research a little. Maybe find a good bicycle/Cannondale forum

Not sure how swapping the wheels with the Lefty front is going to work honestly. I will have to research a little. Maybe find a good bicycle/Cannondale forum

That bike ain't holding you back any :lmao: Like numerous others have said, that's a nice ass bike just get it some light wheels for road riding with slicks. Or don't and pedal harder! Also the inflate to max psi advice has now been proven to be shit

This is why proprietary shit is bad, mmmmkay (lefty) :flipoff2: Worst case get an extra hub (buy a taco'd wheel or something?) and have a competent bike shop lace up whatever wheel you want to that hub. Probably not the cheapest solution but it's a solution.

Top Back Refresh