What's new

RMR/Light Host Pistol?

300sniper

Gun Plumber
Member Number
Loc
Greenwood, CA
I’m a rifle guy. Don’t shoot pistols much/ever. Think I’ve bought one in the last twenty years, and that was probably ten years ago now. I don’t read gun magazines, gun blogs, etc.

I want to get a mid size or fullsize plastic pistol as a host for a RMR and light as a glovebox/nightstand gun.

What’s the cool kid shit now that’s not a Glock (unless Glock now makes a 1911 grip angle model?)

Been playing with a 5" ported m&p wth a dot on it. I like it for what it is.

Next pistol will be a Staccato of some sorts.

wanted a 2011 for a while, long enough that STI doesn't even exist any more
still haven't gotten over the cost of magazines

got a G20 with a deltapoint on it
don't really like it, the dot is really slow to acquire compared to irons and the glass just attracts grinder and welder sparks

got a G20 with a deltapoint on it
don't really like it, the dot is really slow to acquire compared to irons and the glass just attracts grinder and welder sparks

I went back an forth about them. Dunno how many times I have pulled the dot off my 1911-22 slide . I am warming up to them though. I am way more accurate with a dot, when trying to hit shit thats on the move.

I went back an forth about them. Dunno how many times I have pulled the dot off my 1911-22 slide . I am warming up to them though. I am way more accurate with a dot, when trying to hit shit thats on the move.
yeah I've noticed the same, they're better than coarse pistol irons for real long range stuff, especially when you're getting into holdovers

I'd really like to carry a dot, because I shoot a lot of treed squirrels with it, but glass gets fucked up when it is on my belt, and battery life.

You’re in Cali, aren’t you?

A lot of the newer options that people throw out there aren’t going to be on the roster of approved shit.

But sig p320 is the way to go. It hits all the cool kid modular cool points.

CZ is also fantastic and on the cool kid list. They even released a striker fired version a couple of years back that everyone was raving about being a Glock killer that you don’t hear a peep about now.

H&k has a few more budget friendly options out there if you feel like supporting the 4th reich.
About my only limitation is threaded barrels. Which is kind of lame since I can have suppressors…

I’d probably go with the sig p320 or the cz sp-01. Canik has some pretty decent mid level stuff too.

If you are thinking about a suppressor then the beretta 92 series guns are great because the barrel is mostly fixed.
My p320x5 legion is my only pistol with a red dot.
I like it a lot and for 900 to 1k, pretty good price. Lots of accessories and aftermarket.
20200207_220805.jpg

You can get a p226 with the slide cut for a red dot from sig. Trigger on the x5 is great. Still not sure if the red dot on a pistol is best setup for me. It fights against my brain and I have to look for the dot.
Check out the blackhawk omnivore holster it works with any pistol and locks on to whatever light setup you are running. Works with a red dot as well.
You set on a 9, or prefer another caliber?

Reactions: Jes
I love my M&Ps, I think the .22 has a threaded bbl (available, probably not in Kali)
I don’t know if the other calibers have threaded bbls available.
*after a quick search, yes threaded barrels are available

Last edited:
Shadow Systems. Like a gen 3 Glock but you can change the back portion of the grip to suit Slide is ground up designed to have an optic on it so the screw holes are deep and the optic sits a little lower. Not sure if they're on the roster down there or not.

My MR920 (G19 sized)
PXL_20221201_020444069.jpg

designed to have an optic on it so the screw holes are deep and the optic sits a little lower.

That is the one complaint I have about most dots. is they sit higher than a guy would normally be looking. The Holosun SCS looks like it kinda addresses that.

I'm partial to SIG. Here's my P320 AXG Combat with a Steiner MPS and Streamlight TLR 7A. Really like the Steiner for a non-Chinese RDS alternative. The glass is very clear like you expect from German optics.
20221109_204848.jpg

That is the one complaint I have about most dots. is they sit higher than a guy would normally be looking. The Holosun SCS looks like it kinda addresses that.
The SCS addresses that for Glock MOS guns since it direct mounts instead of the plate system. They don't work with a standard RMR cut on a normal slide. When you machine a normal Glock there's only so much meat before you get into the internals which limits how low the optic can be and forces you to hold it on with very short screws.

The 509T I have on currently sits higher than the 507-C I've been using but I wanted an enclosed emitter so I'll deal with it. It takes practice to pick the dot up quickly with either setup.

I do have to change my irons now to cowitness with this optic, they worked fine with the 507. Previous setup:

PXL_20220401_052955996.jpg

Have the DPP on my M&P wish it sat lower
did you do the mill job yourself?
I put it down until it got into the extractor channel a little bit on the glonk
pretty sure I've got a thread on it either here or on the other pbb

did you do the mill job yourself?
I put it down until it got into the extractor channel a little bit on the glonk
pretty sure I've got a thread on it either here or on the other pbb

No it came already cut. Hell if I get rid of the plates it would gimme probly almost 1/16"

I have a number of Glocks including a gen 5 G34 with an RMR on it. I also have a Sig P226 elite and P226 Tac Ops, (I don't like the Sig striker fired pistols, YRMV) But my favorite is the Walther PPQ M2 match. It's a big bastard with the 5" barrel but they make a PDP in a 4" compact, 4" fullsize and 5" fullsize. Don't know what's on your roster. The Walther and Glock slides are already cut for an optic.

The RMR I have is tritium and lightpipe illuminated, so no batteries to worry about, but should a bight light be shined on the back side it will wipe out the reticle, (had it happen during a steel night match when some dickwad turned on his headlights behind me during my run.

Top Back Refresh