What's new

Rioters Burned Down Minneapolis Manufacturer. Now They’re Relocating,

bigun

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Mountainair, NM
https://www.startribune.com/manufac...iots-plans-to-move-out-of-the-city/571104922/

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

A Minneapolis manufacturing company has decided to leave the city, with the company's owner saying he can't trust public officials who allowed his plant to burn during the recent riots. The move will cost the city about 50 jobs.

"They don't care about my business," said Kris Wyrobek, president and owner of 7-Sigma Inc., which has operated since 1987 at 2843 26th Av. in south Minneapolis. "They didn't protect our people. We were all on our own."

Wyrobek said the plant, which usually operates until 11 p.m., shut down about four hours early on the first night of the riots because he wanted to keep his workers out of harm's way. He said a production supervisor and a maintenance worker who live in the neighborhood became alarmed when fire broke out at the $30 million Midtown Corner affordable housing apartment complex that was under construction next door.

"The fire engine was just sitting there," Wyrobek said, "but they wouldn't do anything."

Two days after the riots began, Gov. Tim Walz described the city's response as an "abject failure." Walz ordered the National Guard into Minneapolis to restore order at the request of Mayor Jacob Frey. The violence sometimes overshadowed peaceful protests over the death last month of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police officers.

Frey said Monday that he was unaware of 7-Sigma's decision to move, and he declined to say whether the company's decision reflects the challenges facing city leaders as they try to convince business owners to rebuild in Minneapolis. Many business owners have criticized the city, saying their pleas for help went unanswered.
ows_4d12fe94-1c5e-4bf6-a775-38d9a002aebb.jpg

7-Sigma, a manufacturer that was heavily damaged in last month's protests in south Minneapolis, has decided to relocate its facility outside of Minneapolis. The company's multi-story building is shown in upper right in this May 28 file photo. Across the street from 7-Sigma is the block-long Midtown Corner, an affordable housing complex that was under construction before being destroyed by fire. (Brian Peterson/Star Tribune via AP) ORG XMIT: MERbe08e2aa547ebaa7b3b40c77c641d
More

Frey said the city was overwhelmed by the riots. He said every fire truck was operating during the protests.

"This was a Guard-sized crisis and demanded a Guard-sized response," Frey said. "And once we had the full presence of the National Guard — which by the way hasn't been deployed since World War II — there was a significantly different result."

The city's first survey of property damage shows that nearly 1,000 commercial properties in Minneapolis were damaged during the riots, including 52 businesses that were completely destroyed and 30 other locations that sustained severe damage.

Owners and insurance experts estimate the costs of the damage could exceed $500 million. That would make the Twin Cities riots the second-costliest civil disturbance in U.S. history, trailing only those in Los Angeles in 1992, which were also sparked by racial tensions with police and had $1.4 billion in damages in today's dollars.

I'm going to be curious what happens here in the chicago area. A lot of businesses had a double dick kick of a tyrannical governor leaving things shut down too long, and then riots being let loose and allowed to propagate all around the city. The 3rd dick kick will be the second wave shut down they are already spreading the narrative on this fall.

I burn stuff for two reasons.

Heat and to make stuff I don’t want, disappear.

Maybe it’s just me because my parents didn’t buy me new toys when I broke my old ones. I just ended up with broken toys to play with.

Watched this video during the riots. The guy rode around and showed damage from the last set of riots in Chicago that was never repaired or rebuilt. Can't remember how many years ago.. 30? I wonder to what extent that will happen in Minneapolis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPwpEF1MK_I

Maybe it’s just me because my parents didn’t buy me new toys when I broke my old ones. I just ended up with broken toys to play with.

That also how we learn to fix stuff as well. :flipoff2:

I have been waiting for this to start. When the city government encourages this the business owners are going to bail. Sucks for the employees big time. Hopefully the move is still convenient to commute or they make relocation an option.

No surprises here. These cities will be shells of what they used to be.

Oh come on Stubs. You know you've had a camp fire when you didn't need heat or to burn garbage:flipoff2::lmao:

Btw, i also had broken toys if i broke my toys. My parents didn't buy me shit either

"a maintenance worker who live in the neighborhood became alarmed when fire broke out at the $30 million Midtown Corner affordable housing apartment complex that was under construction next door."

Fuck 'em let them live on the streets, in tents or wherever they can land a cardboard box! How fucking dumb do you have to be to burn down something that was being built for you?

I wonder how many businesses that have been burned, smashed or looted are owned by someone of color? Seems like it's just random, for the hell of it.

people protesting cops and fucking with them = fuck yea :smokin:

people destroying random property and businesses that have nothing to do with corrupt police = need a bullet to the head :mad3:

Extreme left organizations like Antifa and even certain parts of the people leading BLM understand exactly what they are doing. Keep the poor, poor and tell them that you're the political party that supports them so they keep voting for you. Businesses will employ people in the city and actually make them free; can't have that if you want to keep the poor dependent on the government teat.

The sad thing is the average black person has no idea they are being used as a pawn of the Left. Antifa operates as a paramilitary wing of the Democratic Party. The average black person never takes a deep look at these Antifa punks, and asks themselves:
"Are they really protesting WITH you? Do they really believe 'Black Lives Matter'? They're instigating riots in MY name, in MY name they are smashing windows, in MY name they are spray painting BLM graffiti, in MY name they are looting and stealing, in MY name they are hurting and murdering other people (many of their victims are black). Look at them, all dressed in black, acting like they are 'in this with me,' but whose face does the public see attached to THEIR heinous actions when the night is over and the fires are put out: that's right the public sees a black face, not their skinny, over-privileged, still living in mama's basement, white ass."

You think those are those are bricks Antifa is holding as they protest? Those aren't bricks, they're chains and whips: the chains and whips of slavery and they're using black lives and black faces to cause the very racial divide that this nation is fighting (once again, thanks to the Left) to overcome.

Top Back Refresh