What's new

Riding lawn mower help

Who said h.g. On day one???

I guess I missed it :confused:

gaskets were ordered off Amazon on Sunday with 2 day shipping, havent heard shit since order confirmation. This is why I hate Amazon. 2 day shipping isnt worth a shit if the seller just sits on the order for a few days before shipping

Actually the new trick is to print a shipping tag as the order comes in,(thus sealing the seller's tou with the host) then dick around all week and ship whenever it's convenient ...

edit
Guess I was wrong about h.g. On pg. 1

Last edited:
Actually the new trick is to print a shipping tag as the order comes in,(thus sealing the seller's tou with the host) then dick around all week and ship whenever it's convenient ...

edit
Guess I was wrong about h.g. On pg. 1

or say that it's in the US when really you're shipping it from china using some bullshit fulfillment service that just routes it through a US warehouse to avoid the geolocation searches on ebay.

That's the thing, the 2 day "guarantee" (delivered in 2 days or we refund your free shipping, yes that's what it says) only applies to stuff sent from amazon itself.

even prime, instock, fulfilled by amazon shit is now "2 day shipping" not a guarantee that you'll get it in two days.

that shit changed a while ago.

Well mowed last week with it and after replacing the head gasket it ran great, no problems at all. Made about 2 passes around the yard today, stopped and added 2 gallons of gas to the tank(was not empty, had I'd say 1/2-1 gallon remaining) and started doing the same stalling bullshit it had been doing just a few minutes later. Ended up killing the battery trying to get it to refire and having to push it across the yard.

I'm done with this POS, I've got a friend of a friend that is retired and buys small engine stuff from the local scrap yard and gets them running and fixed up and I'm gonna offer this thing to them. I used to think Briggs & Stratton were the way to go for small engines, after this POS I will be looking elsewhere from here on out.

Well mowed last week with it and after replacing the head gasket it ran great, no problems at all. Made about 2 passes around the yard today, stopped and added 2 gallons of gas to the tank(was not empty, had I'd say 1/2-1 gallon remaining) and started doing the same stalling bullshit it had been doing just a few minutes later. Ended up killing the battery trying to get it to refire and having to push it across the yard.

I'm done with this POS, I've got a friend of a friend that is retired and buys small engine stuff from the local scrap yard and gets them running and fixed up and I'm gonna offer this thing to them. I used to think Briggs & Stratton were the way to go for small engines, after this POS I will be looking elsewhere from here on out.

We actually had really decent luck with the ones we had. We went through two or three. And they had a few thousand hours on them when they got sold. We keep ours really clean and would wash them off regularly. Well, we learned that the electric clutch did not like water so we just used air after that (and now for all of our mowers). We mowed roughly 10 acres every two weeks (rental property and our house/barns). We went through sets of tires on them to tell you how much use they saw. They were wore out when they were done. One acted like it needed rings or a head gasket by the time we sold it And they all used oil.

all that said, we now have a more commercial machine (Ferris zero turn) and a John Deere riding mower. The only reason the John Deere is in the fleet is due to the fact it was one of the best ones they ever made. Water cooled and has a crap ton of hours on it. It doesn’t start well, and uses oil pretty good, but it drives great and just won’t die. It is great for trimming out stuff and letting the zero turn do all the bigger longer strips as it just moves faster.

for a personal yard, I would get another craftsman as they were cheap for what you got. If it is a lot of acreage, I would not touch one unless money was an issue.

Did you happen to have the fuel cap loose to ensure it was venting after it was mentioned above and then when you re-fueled tightened it down more so that it wouldn't vent again? If it ran fine before you re-fueled and then quit shortly after re-fueling I'd look at what changed between that few minutes. Did you ever check to make sure the cap was venting properly as mentioned by M92PV4U?

Did you happen to have the fuel cap loose to ensure it was venting after it was mentioned above and then when you re-fueled tightened it down more so that it wouldn't vent again? If it ran fine before you re-fueled and then quit shortly after re-fueling I'd look at what changed between that few minutes. Did you ever check to make sure the cap was venting properly as mentioned by M92PV4U?

Yes ran it with the cap totally off thinking it was strange that it started right after refuel

for a personal yard, I would get another craftsman as they were cheap for what you got. If it is a lot of acreage, I would not touch one unless money was an issue.

everything made by MTD are cost engineered piles of shit built by minimum wage workers 20 minutes from my house that don't give a fuck.

avoid at all costs.

Forgot to update this thread with the final outcome. It was the fuel filter i put inline about a foot from the little vacuum fuel pump. Deleted it and used it two or three times with no issues, only thing i can think of was size of fuel filter was absorbing the pump pulse from the vacuum pump instead of pulling fuel through and to the carb.

still fuck craftsman though

Top Back Refresh