Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Riding dirt

Back to the track last night for kids practice night. Good times, but he got to do a lap on a new mini 50, and is talking about it an awful lot...better suspension, better parts....but no shifting...

20230530_181524.jpg

I put about a gazillion miles on the old version of those back in the day. Good bikes

but he got to do a lap on a new mini 50, and is talking about it an awful lot...better suspension, better parts....but no shifting...

Yea you fucked up:lmao:

We found a group on some trails last summer, an this kid had a new husky 50 or maybe 65...It was fawking legit:smokin: They did say that at the slower speeds, the clutch would over heat after about 30 mins.

I put about a gazillion miles on the old version of those back in the day. Good bikes

Yea you fucked up:lmao:

We found a group on some trails last summer, an this kid had a new husky 50 or maybe 65...It was fawking legit:smokin: They did say that at the slower speeds, the clutch would over heat after about 30 mins.

65, only ktm does the 50. 50 is a centrifugal clutch, and you can dial the hit in so it's either slipping or locked up right off the hop. They have the mini 50, which is I think 4" lower seat height, and the sx50, which is a jet powered greased football that looks scary. And as evidenced by the kids riding yesterday, they both actually run a throttle switch, not a slide, so it only has "on" and "off". And on hurts my ears.

Well, uh....
Fuck.
Bike's got a name. It's the Rooster. Cause he's roosty as fuck on this thing.
20231021_125213.jpg

Didn't get any trail riding video or pics but he stomped some climbs that gave him a lot of trouble on the ttr, and was rocking it up a creek bed trail on babyheads. I stopped expecting to hear a complaint and he rolls up "why are we stopping dad? This trail is fun!"

Only had one whisky throttle situation, where he launched the bike into the forest 3' off the ground, with him following at the same elevation, leading with hands and belly button, looking like he'd been kicked in the small of the back. Got up laughing his face off telling us he "got on the woopow a little too much."

Sick man. The gap between a ttr50 and a 50sx is bigger than the gap between a 250f and a 450f IMO. Same thing happened to me when I jumped from an xr50 to a 50 pro senior as a kid.

Great choice man, he's good and hooked now :grinpimp:

Looks like Kenda makes a sticky tire for the lil bikes:smokin:

Looks like Kenda makes a sticky tire for the lil bikes:smokin:

That's the rear he currently has. It's the softest I could find, and it's a brick.

I probably could, but then we end up with 2 sets of wheels for trail and track...I mean sure, some of the kids he's racing have 2,3, or even 4 bikes...but we ain't gonna play like that.:laughing:
I don't know how you expect him to be competitive without at least two bikes, (replaced with the latest model every year) I bet you don't even have a semi and stacker trailer haul the one!

Top Back Refresh