What's new

Revolver Cylinder Sleeves

Lee

Guild of Calamitous Intent
Member Number
Loc
The Natural State
Anyone have experience with these? Google has a lot of results for .22 conversions for all kinds of stuff not a lot for similar size caliber conversions.

I'm more curious about removing these sleeves. This is allegedly a .38 S&W with cylinders sleeved to chamber .38 Special. Are they just press fit, can I just press them out? Appropriately sized drill stock, a 20 ton press, and go to town?

Sleeves 1.jpg

I would imagine if they were pressed in they should be able to be pressed out.

I’m curious about the barrel. Are .38 S&W and .38 Special the same bullet diameter? I have my grandfathers .38 S&W, and a .357. I have never compared he two diameters, obviously the cases are different.

I would imagine if they were pressed in they should be able to be pressed out.

I’m curious about the barrel. Are .38 S&W and .38 Special the same bullet diameter? I have my grandfathers .38 S&W, and a .357. I have never compared he two diameters, obviously the cases are different.
You can allegedly do .38 Special in a .38 S&W (if the cylinder is long enough) but not the other way around.

I've read anecdotal accounts of folks shooting .38 Special out of a .38 S&W revolver with no sleeves in the cylinder, but like that link Pony_Driver shared, you'll probably split the cases and have a tough time removing the brass.

Top Back Refresh