What's new

Respirators and filters for welding

that "allistairarc" guy on the youtubes is always using a supplied breathing air solution, looks like 3/8" dixon air line fittings and it's plumbed through the shop like tool air
prolly uses an oilless compressor, some filters and such of course
outdoor air intake would do a lo of the work but you'd still want some filtration

that thing looks cool
I've seen the compressor types too when looking at this. Little blower I got says it has a filter.

If this is a solution I'll do a full shop set up with the compressor type or some industrial ring compressor stuff. Probably need to build a separate weld shop eventually too.

I've seen the compressor types too when looking at this. Little blower I got says it has a filter.

If this is a solution I'll do a full shop set up with the compressor type or some industrial ring compressor stuff. Probably need to build a separate weld shop eventually too.
perfect use case for a quonset hut and/or tarp/hoop shed
maximum ventilation

The description of asthma and low on oxygen feeling, like you try to take a deep breath but it doesn't feel like it fills your lungs? Ache down at the bottom of them? That's how I felt in an ozone purification water bottling plant. I would step out and breath real air and be fine, but the ozone wrecked me.

How about rich assholes that weld with dual shield? :lmao:

the conway prolly burns more er70 in a month than you'll see in your life :flipoff2:

ER70, is that some sort of collet that's bigger than ER40? :flipoff2:

Oh yeah, Flux core, cause I'm poor.

Esab Flux core duel shield 1/16. Weld till the cup melts or is glowing. Two pairs of gloves including a shield. Sleeves and jackets stacked. Brings back memories.

I would hold the gun as far away as I could due to overheating the lens and blacking it out. Never had hair on my hands or wrist. Finger nails felt like they were going to pop off. I would trigger lock and be holding the lead instead of the gun just whipping that shit in.

Anyway, get a 3m 9100xx fx fresh air weld hood. You don't need a grinding hood or need to switch while working. Its awesome. Put it on and weld grind without anything wrapped around your face or trying to breath though a mask.

Another great benefit is get a non fresh air 9100 hood and you don't need two lens. You can swap your lens back and forth in a minute for tight places or situations the air pumper is annoying.

The description of asthma and low on oxygen feeling, like you try to take a deep breath but it doesn't feel like it fills your lungs? Ache down at the bottom of them? That's how I felt in an ozone purification water bottling plant. I would step out and breath real air and be fine, but the ozone wrecked me.
Yea, can't fill and feels like breathing through a straw. Ache more tward the top that i think is some inflammation. Then lots of mucus in addition following days. Probably the next three days are the worst and slightly better every day after. Chest decongestant does seem to help alot. Im a week into it since last welding. Took a month to recover last time, but I don't think this time is as bad. This time i was only welding for about an hour, in the papr the entire time in the shop.

Top Back Refresh