What's new

Reputable supplier for seat foam and upholstery?

Squamch

Canadian
Member Number
Loc
republic of Vancouver island
Driver's seat on my superduty is pretty nuked. I'd like to buy new foam and upholstery for it, and find out just exactly why I should have paid someone else to do it. Rockauto has foam, but where do I get a new leather seat cover? It's for an 01 f350 lariat, grey leather.

I dunno, i'm half tempted to buy some thin sheets and make a shitty covermyself using the old ones as a templete :homer:

i'd certainly like to know more and follow along your adventures

When I put my Super Duty together, I used Richmond Auto Upholstery out of Houston. They built the covers for me, and I installed them. It is not a bad job to do.
They did a very nice job, great to deal with.
IIRC, they have lots of covers made up already and in stock.

When I put my Super Duty together, I used Richmond Auto Upholstery out of Houston. They built the covers for me, and I installed them. It is not a bad job to do.
They did a very nice job, great to deal with.
IIRC, they have lots of covers made up already and in stock.

Ran across them googling last night. They are about US$500/seat for the covers. I'll have to call around town and see if there is a source locally.

Driver's seat on my superduty is pretty nuked. I'd like to buy new foam and upholstery for it, and find out just exactly why I should have paid someone else to do it. Rockauto has foam, but where do I get a new leather seat cover? It's for an 01 f350 lariat, grey leather.
How did this turn out?

I never got around to the part where I call around town, and I just dumped $1000 into the fuel system and powersteering, so it continues to be on hold:laughing:

I used on of the ebay vendors for replacement covers on my super duty project, turned out great and WAY cheaper than the amount of effort to make one from scratch.

I used on of the ebay vendors for replacement covers on my super duty project, turned out great and WAY cheaper than the amount of effort to make one from scratch.
A co-worker did that with seat skin and foam for his F-150, the driver seat bottom was pretty much trashed when he got it.
The only special tool he needed was a hog ring tool.

Aaron Z

I need to look into this for my Toyota. The stock seats are like trampolines at this point but I love the headroom I have with them in there. I have some honda seats in there currently but they're way too tall

Top Back Refresh