What's new

Replacing 14 mm studs with 9/16 studs in a 14 bolt.

Lilyota

RIP 7/22/2023
Member Number
Loc
Bolivar MO
Does anyone have the part number handy?

Mine is buried in a CONEX.

Thanks in advance.

I changed them out years ago and don't have the part # but I had a local napa look up the 14mm stud knurl size and length, and then looked in the book for close size and found some and they ordered them and worked like a charm. No help with part # but that's what I did and they had a book at napa and were able to look up studs by thread size and it was sorted in knurl diameter to match it up.

I believe these are close.

Dorman 610-419.1

I looked it up by year/make/model of the truck axle you have then convert mm to in and then search by size to find equivalent.

I believe these are close.

Dorman 610-419.1

I looked it up by year/make/model of the truck axle you have then convert mm to in and then search by size to find equivalent.

Those look right iirc.

I also wanted to use slip on rotors since the 14b had slip on drums. Studs might be different if you want to go back to shitty press on rotors.

I'll dig through my pics and see what I can find.

yeah when I converted the truck from metric to 9/16 I ran a dodge ram slip on rotor and made new caliper mounts and it worked great. Ditched the press through studs holding the drum/rotor on and went with a slip on rotor setup. Worked great.

IMG_20200805_134444.jpg

Dorman 610-359 is what I used. They were almost exactly the same as the 14mm ones it replaced. But, as I mentioned, I retained the slip on brakes.

They looked crazy long, but once you added a rotor and an aluminum wheel, I wouldn't want them any shorter.

I will check when I get home, I may have a box of extras I used. I had to order them in because they didn't have 16 in stock.

Top Back Refresh