What's new

Replacement RZR tie rods

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Does anyone make a replacement tie rod kit for the RZR or even any SXS that uses tie rod ends at the wheel vs heims like everyone offers? I like the durability of tie rods vs heims that are open to the mud, water and grit. I am still on the OEM steering in my RZR with 3000+ miles on it. Everything is still good AFAIK but with a big trip coming up I was gonna buy a replacement kit to put in the tool kit at camp.

If OEM parts are working good why not just get another set in case?

looks like Kryptonite makes a OEM style TRE

and they are 6-8 weeks out on shipping. I called and they have them in stock but not enough people to put shit in boxes and get it out the door. he told me they have 4,000 orders currently waiting to be shipped. :eek:

Called Alligator performance and they have them in stock but they are 4-6 weeks out on putting them in a box. and they charge my card immediately..

I have a trip in 6 weeks :homer:

Called Rudy's Diesel in NC and they have it on the shelf and dropped it in the mail today.. :smokin:

Last edited:
and they are 6-8 weeks out on shipping. I called and they have them in stock but not enough people to put shit in boxes and get it out the door. he told me they have 4,000 orders currently waiting to be shipped. :eek:

Called Alligator performance and they have them in stock but they are 4-6 weeks out on putting them in a box. and they charge my card immediately..
seeing this allot lately. people answering the phones etc. is more important than product out the door.

i'd rather nobody at the phones, but i dont think that works out well with complaints these days.

When I called Rudy's I mentioned that Kryptonite was weeks out on shipping. Salesman at Rudy's made the comment that he didn't understand it. He said we have 5-6 people here shipping stuff and we get 5-600 orders a day out the door. How they can't get stuff shipped is beyond me. I said maybe it's all the pot everyone in Cali is smoking. (Kryptonite is in NorCal) :laughing:

I would be more worried about the inner than the outer. We race Rzrs and we wear out the inners much more often then we wear out the outers and we run hiems on the outer. I plan on getting a billet rack so that we can start running heims on the inner.

I would be more worried about the inner than the outer. We race Rzrs and we wear out the inners much more often then we wear out the outers and we run hiems on the outer. I plan on getting a billet rack so that we can start running heims on the inner.
Which rack are you going with? Shock Therapy?

GearOne. Shock therapy actually ripped off their design. The gear one rack is rebuildable while the shocktherapy rack is not.

GearOne. Shock therapy actually ripped off their design. The gear one rack is rebuildable while the shocktherapy rack is not.

Searched the Goog and this thread popped up on RZR forum. Supposedly the ST rack is the correct width and eliminates bump steer? the GearOne rack is a bit shorter and causes excessive bumpsteer?

last reply in this thread? steering rack thread.

How much toe in or out are you guys running on your RZRs? I know on vehicles I always ran about 1/8" in. Does that hold true for the golf cart world as well?

Searching RZR Forums it seems that Popo runs 1/8-1/4" out.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh