What's new

Replacement 3" flange paper air filter

Wheelerfreak

Chronically stupid
Member Number
Loc
Near TA, NM, out in BFE
Currently have a K&N style oiled air filter on a 3" tube and am looking to replace it with a paper style filter with a 3" ID flange. I haven't found one yet after searching this afternoon. Closest I can find is a paper filter off a Prelude, but the ID of the flange is listed as 2.85" and looks to be plastic, so no likely to stretch to fit the 3" tube, Fram CA6543 for reference. Found some for Yukons/Burbs that was a 3" inlet but no flange. Anybody know of a cone style filter with a 3" ID flange mount? OD and length of the filter are not too critical so long as it's not 18" long or 18" OD

I saw some of those filters but has anyone used one and can report on how well they filter dust? I couldn't see anything about that and I do a bit of driving in dusty conditions. This whole thing was spurred by looking at the inside of the intake tube and see a coating of dust.

I just bought one it looks the same as k&n it replaced. I’m running a prefilter on this one though. Haven’t driven the Jeep yet.

yeah, I saw the oil-less K&N replacements and they looked like like a foam type but it's easy to by a pre-filter to put over it

Volant Powercore or don't bother. All of those foam or cotton filters don't filter anything but real big chunks.

I use napa 6268 to filter the air for my positive pressure air system on my crusher. I’m pretty sure it fits on a 3” od pipe. Works great, it’s weather proof and cheap.

I use napa 6268 to filter the air for my positive pressure air system on my crusher. I’m pretty sure it fits on a 3” od pipe. Works great, it’s weather proof and cheap.
Panzer, how big around is the filter? I’m in the same boat as the op. I looked all over donaldsons site. But couldn’t find one small enough diameter to replace the k+n.

Panzer, how big around is the filter? I’m in the same boat as the op. I looked all over donaldsons site. But couldn’t find one small enough diameter to replace the k+n.

8.5" OD

Product Specifications
Part Number:46268
UPC Number:765809462687
Style:Air Filter
Service:Air
Type:
Media:Cellulose
Height:6.38 (162)*
Outer Diameter:8.5 (216)*
Inside Diameter Top:Closed:
Inside Diameter Bottom:3.075 (78)*