What's new

REMOVING AIR BAG 2007 CHEVROLET SILVERADO CLASSIC

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Airbag delete with substitute horn switch / button in place of airbag is my intention.

Or a replacement steering wheel ?

Last edited:
look up something like......."2007 Airbag Bypass Resistor Gm Chevy Gmc Cadillac Chevrolet " ... assuming you just want the light to not come on when you don't have one.

Reactions: PAE
Mostly wanted to have a standard looking horn, as with the air bag removed there is no horn switch.

Thanks

look up something like......."2007 Airbag Bypass Resistor Gm Chevy Gmc Cadillac Chevrolet " ... assuming you just want the light to not come on when you don't have one.

Why not keep the bag, but unplug it. Otherwise, get a new/different wheel.
this.

My 1997 4runner is that way, it lights the airbag light, but it won't go off in a wreck.

And my Chevy is an 2006 Classic, (Same truck I think.) changing the wheel is not really an option, the DIC controls are on the wheel, also the phone controls also. and radio.

Reactions: PAE
No on steering wheel controls.
20240216_082030.jpg

Why not just replace it? They look to be around $50 used on eBay. Probably cheaper at the junkyard. I replaced the wheel on my 03 and it was pretty simple to pull the airbag as I recall.

Yep the airbag is out just wanted a replacement horn switch to take the place of the airbag.

Dont want airbags of any kind in my trucks!

Dont know if the airbag would work or not but the horn didn't when the assembly was in place.

Figured that was a simple request.

Last edited:
Pull the wheel off and measure the splines.

Then choose an aftermarket (or random wheel from your parts pile) wheel and attach it.

Could be chain link, maybe bass boat metalflake, or a random sticky squarebody wheel.

No company is likely to make an airbag "delete" kit that looks stock.

So 3-D prints an airbag looking thing for your steering wheel.

So take the airbag out of the plastic trim piece and put it back? Or throw an aftermarket wheel on with a horn button. Other than that, I agree with Lowrollin, nobody is going to sell what you're looking for specifically.

Why not just replace it? They look to be around $50 used on eBay. Probably cheaper at the junkyard. I replaced the wheel on my 03 and it was pretty simple to pull the airbag as I recall.
HazMat to ship so a PITA

Yeah like I want a claymore within 2 feet of myself.

Ive read these things get dangerous when over a specific age.

"Are 25 year old airbags safe?

These airbags do not deteriorate like early plastic sealed systems. In fact, the NHTSA has reported that 30-year-old airbags have performed perfectly well in collisions. By 1998, federal regulations required that all new vehicles be outfitted with dual airbags as standard equipment."

Now that there is more info, I think you should just leave it as is. You sit in your shitty pants!

You shouldn’t have touched it.

I wonder if there's Top Kick or Kodiak or something out there with the covers you're looking for. My K3500 doesn't have airbags because it's over a certain GVWR and they weren't required, so Chevy used a steering wheel center without one and a storage cubby in place of the passenger side bag.

What year is your K3500 my K3500 is a 2007 and has a 12000 GVWR.

Top Back Refresh