What's new

Remote Controlling a Skid-Steer

You're going to need to control it from the valve body or never sit in it again.

It's not exactly a beer budget sort of thing. I started to get into RC stuff until I realized things like good controllers and receivers were $700+.

Just buy a new John Deere. They can run it for you from the dealers. They won’t let you run it, that’s proprietary. Oh wait a second. That’s what’s coming next year.😜

Since it is mechanical keep it simple.

marionette-control-bar-picture-id157560542.jpg

Watching for ideas. Go for the mechanical controls, auto kill switch, E-Stop and cameras. I want to remote my Zero Turn to run around the flat part of my yard with a skeleton at the helm. Actually mowing the grass would be a bonus after proving the controls. :grinpimp:

Well, that whole place is just awesome.
119 kg.cm translates to 8 foot.lbs which isn't much. I'll have to get the fish scale out and see what it takes to operate the levers and pedals.
On the lever operated hydros we have there is very little force on the servo lever themselves. The "force" is created by cable, friction and shocks to dampen the motion.

Bobcat machines have the worst operator interface I can think of in heavy equipment, you have your work cut out for you,

On the lever operated hydros we have there is very little force on the servo lever themselves. The "force" is created by cable, friction and shocks to dampen the motion.

Bobcat machines have the worst operator interface I can think of in heavy equipment, you have your work cut out for you,
New Holland LS185.B

New Holland LS185.B
It looks to have simple servo levers.

Something like this would be fine I would think, closed loop servo linear actuator.

Watching for ideas. Go for the mechanical controls, auto kill switch, E-Stop and cameras. I want to remote my Zero Turn to run around the flat part of my yard with a skeleton at the helm. Actually mowing the grass would be a bonus after proving the controls. :grinpimp:

Mowers are easy!

:flipoff2:

ardupilot has rover software.
is designed for tracked vehicles and skid steering.
Can be configured with all the safeties you want that will shut it off in the event of signal loss, tip over, anything related to it's control or orientation.
Has onboard gyro and GPS.
Can be expanded to drive actual motors or relays using I2C bus and boards.

Top Back Refresh