What's new

Remington gets it right with the 360 (350 improved)

Will12785

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Syracuse, NY
So Winchester came out with the 350 legend a while back and it was really trying for something but just seemed to miss the mark. Straight walled regulations are not hard to deal with and they made a decent attempt. They fell short with a .355 caliber bullet.

Remington seems to be taking advantage of this shortcoming with the 360. A straight wall cartridge with a .358 caliber bullet. It's available in lever action flavor to boot! Considering 35 rem was non existent last year I think I'm jumping on this bandwagon.

Yes I understand they should just make more 35 rems but this is what we got.

Question is how hard will it be to find the ammo, or the gun for that matter?
Last year when I was looking for 35 Remington I saw 350 legend everywhere. I held off because of have a cache of .358 bullets I wanted to use.

The problem with Remington is they always dip their toe in instead of blitzing the market. Like the 260 and 280 etc. Hopefully they go all out with it so it's available. Or just go back to making .35

At SHOT earlier this year, Marlin (Ruger) said the 336 is coming back this year and will be available in .35 Rem. One would assume there will be ammo made for it.

Are the new 336 better quality than a few years back? Seems like quality really went down when Remington owned them.

Edit: I have a soft spot for lever guns, so I’m all for more calibers.

Are the new 336 better quality than a few years back? Seems like quality really went down when Remington owned them.

Edit: I have a soft spot for lever guns, so I’m all for more calibers.
I don't think they had anywhere to go but up in quality/reliability after the bankruptcy. Doesn't look like the new 336 is available quite yet, they say "early 2023," so hopefully soon.

Field & Stream article from a few days ago about the SHOT Show example. Also says Federal and Remington are loading .35 Rem again.

Yawn. Nothing new under the sun. “Cough .357 rem max” Should be in the fail thread. Let’s also not forget remingtons tendency to bring out cartridges and then not support them....

Cant keep up with ammo now, an they wanna introduce a new cartridge? lol

I've got the swede and a 350RM, have yet to do much with either of them yet. hard to put down the 223's and 243's

You may need to send that 350 to me. A little effort and it would go swimmingly with my 308 scout. :dustin:

250's at 2450 should thump some stuff
Resized_20230224_180139_1053643175067677.jpeg

Like my 350 Legend 165gr SP for distance (Ohio hill distance). Not so much for close stuff. Have yet to try a heart/lung shot with 147gr HP or 255gr.

Top Back Refresh