What's new

Remember when OK was weaponized?

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...t-prompting-probe/ar-BB152ubC?ocid=spartanntp

The video showing the officer making the apparent "OK" hand gesture — touching the thumb and index finger to make a circle, with the remaining three fingers held outstretched — was posted to social media over the weekend.

NBC News is not publishing or linking to the video to avoid providing a platform to apparent expressions of hate or white supremacy.

The "OK" gesture has been used by people around the world for centuries, typically to signal consent, according to the Anti-Defamation League. Recently, the hand signal has also been appropriated to represent the letters w and p to signify "white power," stemming from a hoax in 2017 by members of the website 4chan, an anonymous and unrestricted online message board, the ADL says.

At the Saturday demonstration at New York City's Union Square, the officer made what appeared to be the gesture into the camera sight of an aspiring rapper, China Mac, who was recording himself at the protest. Another man nearby recorded the incident and provided a copy of his footage to NBC News. He requested anonymity out of fear of retribution.

here it is again :shaking:

way to give power to terrorists, you bastards

I don't use the Ok sign often and I usually am rolling my eyes sarcastically when I have. So hopefully it wont offend snowflakes if I am seen doing that. But really who cares?

I don't use the Ok sign often and I usually am rolling my eyes sarcastically when I have. So hopefully it wont offend snowflakes if I am seen doing that. But really who cares?

the notion that it could cost anybody their job or any scrutiny is absurd. that is the extent of my concern.

it if just another example of folks trying to suppress or end systemic racism by increasing authority and restricting liberty that only ends in increased conflict and sows discord. pretty silly.

OkayLarge267x296.jpg?itok=BAkTglHS.jpg

that damned new Zealand racist fuck is such a steaming pile of shit, and so is everybody else who gave in to his demands :(

Maybe I am deformed, but I can't straighten my hand like that when making OK......Guess I'm not a racist.

IMG_1334.jpg

Everything someone does offends someone else nowadays. It's a load of fucking bullshit. I agree, there are definitely things that are offensive and shouldn't be displayed or used, but making a hand signal that's been used for centuries offensive, just because some fuckwads on 4chan decided to start a rumor about it is sheer ignorance.

Then you add the instant social justice of social media into the mix, where people are willing to do or say anything they want behind the anonymity of a keyboard or phone, and you get a bunch of fucked up shit.

Just reply with this

American Sign Language: "you"

YOU:
you.ht1.jpg

American Sign Language: "dumb"
DUMB:Whack your forehead with the "palm side" of a handshape that is a cross between an "A" hand and an "S" hand.(By that I mean the fingers are tucked in as in an "S" handshape, but the thumb is tucked to the side of the hand as in an "A" handshape instead of wrapping around the front of the hand.)Note: I recommend you be careful doing this sign when you are angry. (Heh.)

20181213_082701.jpg

how does one flatten the hand to make it read that way???
fukkin b.s.
be good sheeple and comply...

Last edited:

Is this the page where you got that pic?

How the “OK” Symbol Became a Popular Trolling Gesture
  • May 1, 2017
ok-hand-symbol-white-power-hoax-432.jpg

Updated: 9/5/18

Has the simple thumb-and-forefinger “OK” hand gesture become a common white supremacist hand sign? Not quite, but it has become a popular gesture used by people across several segments of the right and far right—including some actual white supremacists—who generally use it to trigger reactions, or what they would describe as “trolling the libs.”

This is thanks to a 2017 hoax campaign started by members of the notorious website 4chan that has since taken on a life of its own.

The 4chan site is an anonymous discussion board with an outsized cultural impact on the internet. It has been responsible for everything from the “I can haz cheeseburger” cat meme to the concept of Rickrolling. There is little that 4channers like as much as a hoax, and in recent months, they have served up a number of fakeries with white supremacist themes to largely credulous online audiences.

The “OK” hand gesture originated as one of these hoaxes in February 2017 when an anonymous 4channer announced “Operation O-KKK,” telling other members that “we must flood Twitter and other social media websites…claiming that the OK hand sign is a symbol of white supremacy.” The user even provided a helpful graphic showing how the letters WP (for “white power”) could be traced within an “OK” gesture. The originator and others also suggested useful hashtags to help spread the hoax, such as #PowerHandPrivilege and #NotOkay. “Leftists have dug so deep down into their lunacy,” wrote the poster, “We must force [them] to dig more, until the rest of society ain’t going anywhere near that s***.”

Following the cues of the hoax’s originator, 4channers created fake e-mail and Twitter accounts and bombarded civil rights organizations, journalists, and others with messages furthering the “OK” hoax. It is possible that some of the hoaxers were racists or white supremacists themselves, as parts of 4chan are something of a haven for them, and the site itself has been a source of adherents of the alt right segment of the white supremacist movement.

The original launch of “Operation O-KKK” sputtered after a few days and it seemed that the hoax had run its course without spreading too far, but it picked up again in late April and this time was far more successful in spreading across social media—and beyond.

ok-hand-4chan-troll-684.jpg

Reaction to the “OK” symbol hoax was so widespread in the spring and summer of 2017 that a number of people on the far right began deliberately to use the gesture—typically making the sign while posing for photographs uploaded to social media—in order to continue the trolling and spread it further.

Over the year and a half since the original hoax campaign began, ADL has tracked its usage by a variety of figures on the far right, including some well-known white supremacists, though it seems to be even more popular among the so-called alt lite. Use of the “OK” gesture has spread beyond the far right and can now also be found within the broad community of mainstream Donald Trump supporters—some of whom seem to have no idea of its origins.

Even though its usage has expanded and evolved, it still seems primarily intended to trigger or troll people on the left and cause them to react, although some white supremacists have also used it—generally jokingly—among themselves.

It is important to realize that the “OK” gesture is a nearly universal hand gesture and most usage of it is completely innocuous. Even when used as described here, the fact that white supremacists, the alt lite and many Trump supporters all use the symbol means that one cannot assume that anyone who poses with such a gesture is intending or exhibiting an association with white supremacy. Only if the gesture occurs in context with other clear indicators of white supremacy can one draw that conclusion.

The “OK” hoax was actually just one in a series of hoaxes in which 4channers (and members of other, similar places on the Internet such as 8chan and Reddit) have tried to take innocuous items, symbols or gestures and falsely attribute white supremacist meanings to them in order to fool liberals and get them to spread such false messages.

One 2017 4chan thread devoted itself to brainstorming the next such hoax. “We need to make some pics that are warning parents about what the dab really means and spread it around,” wrote one 4channer (the “dab” is a popular dance move). Another 4channer suggested spreading the notion that clapping was “anti-feminist.”

One of the more successful of these recent 4chan hoaxes, also originating in February 2017, was the concept that white supremacists were drinking milk to show “the superiority of the white race” and the “purity of white milk.” One hoaxer trying to convince the Anti-Defamation League “explained” that “they are chugging milk in front of people of color, quoting racist books and phrases and supposed statistics about people of color being lactose intolerant.” A number of media websites bought into the milk hoax.

Another such hoax was the attempt by 4channers to convince people that white supremacists had adopted a popular polar bear emoji from the messenger app Kik as a white supremacist symbol. In recent days, ADL has received e-mails from other would-be hoaxers attempting to claim that white supremacists had adopted symbols ranging from the rainbow flag to the iFunny chef (the mascot of humor website iFunny) as new hate symbols.

The fact that all of these hoaxes have emerged in 2017-2018 is not a coincidence; they are a reaction to the surge of media attention given to white supremacy, especially the alt right, in the wake of the 2016 election campaign.

They are also a response to the willingness of many on the left in the United States to believe that the Trump administration is full of hardcore white supremacists, a belief so powerful that recently a photo of White House staffer Stephen Miller adjusting his suit and tie before an interview went viral with the claim that Miller was actually using his hands to form an obscure white supremacist hand sign for “white power” as a secret signal to white supremacists who might be watching. It is this willingness to believe that 4channers have been trying to exploit.

The reality is, though, that white supremacist symbols and signs do not form and become accepted overnight. “Leaving aside hate group logos, most hate symbols appear and spread organically, over time,” said Mark Pitcavage, Senior Research Fellow in ADL’s Center on Extremism. “The process of acceptance and growth in use typically takes months or even years, even for online symbols. If someone presents you with a symbol and says it is the big new white supremacist symbol, you should be appropriately skeptical.”

Fuck anyone who buys into that hoax. Sometimes OK is . . . OK :flipoff2:

Is this the page where you got that pic?

Fuck anyone who buys into that hoax. Sometimes OK is . . . OK :flipoff2:

unfortunately, it was a "hoax" 2 years ago.

then some fucking twit in New-fucking-Zealand decided he and some pals should kill as many muslims as possible using legal assault rifles and shotguns with the express intent of getting them banned and starting a race war and revolution in the USA! You know what he did while in the fucking courtroom? Flashed the god damned OK sign.

that it. game over. ADL says "fuck it, we give up! we said it was stupid a year ago, but NOW (in 2019) it's a god damned hate crime"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/3772950002/

The “OK” hand gesture is among the 36 new entries added Thursday to a database of hate symbols used by white supremacists and other far-right extremists.

According to the Anti-Defamation League, the hand symbol began its circulation as a hoax by members of the website 4chan as a popular trolling tactic, saying the hand gesture formed a “W” and “P” for “white power.” However, by 2019, the hand gesture started being used "in some circles as a sincere expression of white supremacy," the group says.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...hand-gesture-hate-symbol-database/3772950002/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...hand-gesture-hate-symbol-database/3772950002/

that fuckstick is STILL not dead, he met his stated goal of gun confiscation in New Zealand and was able to influence gun grabbers in the US (many states cited him for their local crackdowns and the pressure for 'bumpstock ban') AND he got the OK accepted as racist....oh, and get this...NOW he is sitting back, still a-fucking-live, watching the discord in the US and probably laughing his sick fucking ass off.

He was very up front about it and yet every liberal politician jumped at the chance to give him what he wanted.

oh christ, somebody should tell the band 311 that all their merchandise and record sales need to be confiscated for support white supremecy :shaking: that was the fucking joke at the time, didn't realize it was actually "100% hate"

then some fucking twit in New-fucking-Zealand decided he and some pals should kill as many muslims as possible using legal assault rifles and shotguns with the express intent of getting them banned and starting a race war and revolution in the USA! You know what he did while in the fucking courtroom? Flashed the god damned OK sign.

that it. game over. ADL says "fuck it, we give up! we said it was stupid a year ago, but NOW (in 2019) it's a god damned hate crime"

that fuckstick is STILL not dead, he met his stated goal of gun confiscation in New Zealand and was able to influence gun grabbers in the US (many states cited him for their local crackdowns and the pressure for 'bumpstock ban') AND he got the OK accepted as racist....oh, and get this...NOW he is sitting back, still a-fucking-live, watching the discord in the US and probably laughing his sick fucking ass off.

He was very up front about it and yet every liberal politician jumped at the chance to give him what he wanted.

My statement still stands: Fuck anyone who buys into that hoax. Sometimes OK is . . . OK :flipoff2:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

My statement still stands: Fuck anyone who buys into that hoax. Sometimes OK is . . . OK :flipoff2:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

in addition to the cop in the OP

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...-game-67746528

Military academies probe possible 'white power' sign at game

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-coast-...ign-on-live-tv

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dc-fire-r...re-circle-game

DC fire recruits under investigation for flashing 'OK' sign in photo, 'white power' symbol or 'circle game'?

hasn't been around for very long and has already resulted in a few "investigations". Complete waste of time, without the ADL designation, every one of these would have been properly addressed with "fuck off"

in addition to the cop in the OP

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...-game-67746528

Military academies probe possible 'white power' sign at game

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-coast-...ign-on-live-tv

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dc-fire-r...re-circle-game

DC fire recruits under investigation for flashing 'OK' sign in photo, 'white power' symbol or 'circle game'?

hasn't been around for very long and has already resulted in a few "investigations". Complete waste of time, without the ADL designation, every one of these would have been properly addressed with "fuck off"

I thought this was a joke...

Sometimes I wonder how a lot of people make it through their day. I've officially lost all hope for America.

Well there goes running BFGs on my truck when I ride my KTM with WP and wearing 100%.:rolleyes:

This society never ceases to amaze me.
internet.jpg

I thought it was proper if a chick flips you off, one makes an ok gesture & tell her to "put it in here"-

I was on that 8ch thread, coincidentally 8 posts in, and had a FB tab up with his video playing in the background when the thread blew up. When I was watching it, he was just driving around, so I switched over for more interesting fields. Turns out it was the most 'interesting' tab I had ever opened on my browser. I d/l the video directly off of his FB before they shut it down, but I never put it up as a d/l link.

Let me make this very, very clear:

THE 'OK' SIGN WAS ALREADY CONSIDERED RACIST BY THE LEFTIST MEDIA BEFORE BRENTON TARRANT

The rest of what you said is basically true. He 'accomplished':
  • Getting guns banned in NZ
  • Making travel btw NZ and AUS more difficult
  • Accelerated the gun control debate in the USA
  • Switched the 'Muslim Question' from 'we're basically uneasy with Muslims' into 'White Man Bad'
Those were his goals, it is true. I happen to agree with his underlying philosophy: Switching the tables and making Western Whites the target of ever more Multicultural and Leftist power is the only way we are going to avoid the larger shitstorm down the road.

My opinion is about 60% that we will be fighting a fratricidal Race War in the West. I mean, I'm not being rough: The best mathematical approximation I can make of a Race War breaking out in the West is about 60%. And by 'Race War', I mean some type of identarian civil war which could be Muslims (Islam is not a race), Hispanic, White, etc.... I have no idea how it will go down. I'm not making predictions on that, I just think it's now a likelihood that the Western ethos of Multiculturalism has been twisted to such a degree that fratricidal war is now inevitable.

40% is still a big Out.

His pick of Islam was a pretty decent one. Islam is not compatible with the West. And with China having a free hand throughout Western media, and the ability they have shown in ramping US race politics into nationwide demonstrations, along with co-operation with political forces domestically, maybe it'll be sooner than what we thought.

Fratricial War is straight-up a goal of the CCP. Nothing, but NOTHING, could benefit them more.

I think the US Fed Gov realizes this, and they will respond as they always have: by placing all of the pressure and onus on Whites because Whites have shown themselves tolerant to being suppressed. I have shown the damage that this has done in the 'Deaths of Despair' posts I made on the Suicide thread.

Everything that I write politically is basically centered around these opinions of mine.

If it needs to be stated: I don't actually want a Civil War, and I have no animosity even to Muslims who reside in their own nations.

Anyway, here is Tarrant soundtrack:

Gas, gas, gas,
I'm gonna step on the gas.

I am the god of Hellfire
and I bring you fire

Last edited:
I agree that OK was already "under threat" but it wasn't listed by the ADL until he used it in court. Once it gets listed by ADL, it becomes "real" and by real, i mean enforceable. Many jurisdictions use ADL as their "standard"

I agree that OK was already "under threat" but it wasn't listed by the ADL until he used it in court. Once it gets listed by ADL, it becomes "real" and by real, i mean enforceable. Many jurisdictions use ADL as their "standard"

OK

👌 hell, it is even still listed as one of the 6,000 default emojis :rasta:

that's because Apple is secretly owned by a secret organization of Illuminati (spell it backwards and add ".com" and enter in browser). they had that web address before there was electricity

oh, and they are tanned neck (red nEcK) supremacists

Top Back Refresh