What's new

Recommend Some Rubber Boots

Member Number
Loc
Abitibi
MUSTS: No camo. Can't stand it (other than the cool old '80s type camo). Brown or green is great.

Would like tall or even extra tall (irrigation boots?) as long as they're somewhat comfortable. Light/medium insulation (already have winter snowmobile boots). I prefer work type boots for the durability, but don't really want these to be steel toe. Steel toe is NOT a deal breaker.

Uses will include fishing and general bush fuckery.

Looking for me and Mrs. Slusher. Pics of Mrs. Slusher are rare and not available online.:grinpimp:

Last edited:
I’ve had really good luck with LaCrosse brand boots. My go to are the Grange series. I believe they make hip waders boots as well.

I have a pair of Tingley boot for awhile. For morning farm duties & wintertime.

I did get a couple of brand boots to share the wear & tear, the new brands fall apart first-

I love my Muck brand boots. I wear them all over. Mine are steel toe, but you dont have to get them that way.
CHH-000-Chore-Single-Rt_grande.jpg

Being a bonafide redneck, I don’t really care if the are camo, what kind of camo, or any other metrosexual reason to buy a pair of boots but I second Lacrosse. I currently have alphas that have the neoprene material uppers but wear alphaburly pros most of the time because I like the side-zip and they take a beating on the farm

I have a pair of LaCrosse steel toe/insulated have worn through two winters,good boots. For warmer weather I use Muck boots,kind of the tennis shoes of rubber boots.

I'll second the Mucks. Started around the house/ little farm. Seem to wear them hunting too last couple years.

Edit: Got a pair of the Arctic mucks a couple years ago. Been my go to in the cold and wet.

2nd edit because Jim Beam. Regular Mucks can be a little warm in the heat of summer. Bare feet work then anyway.

Last edited:
I surprised by the Muck recommendations. I know the duck hunters seem to like them, but I can't get the neoprene tops to last, they always get ripped, or eventually disintegrate.

I abandoned Muck, and have been wearing Bogs for the past few years. Bogs makes several versions with neoprene tops like Muck, but their Blaze series is all the same material, smooth, no neoprene to catch brush, briers, or barbs on.

Looks like the Blaze II is only available in Mossy Oak though.
https://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/style/72323-973.html

They used to make a Rancher that's probably the perfect boot for you, but I can't find it on their site anymore, and it's not in stock anywhere. Must have been discontinued.

I surprised by the Muck recommendations. I know the duck hunters seem to like them, but I can't get the neoprene tops to last, they always get ripped, or eventually disintegrate.

I abandoned Muck, and have been wearing Bogs for the past few years. Bogs makes several versions with neoprene tops like Muck, but their Blaze series is all the same material, smooth, no neoprene to catch brush, briers, or barbs on.

Looks like the Blaze II is only available in Mossy Oak though.
https://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/style/72323-973.html

They used to make a Rancher that's probably the perfect boot for you, but I can't find it on their site anymore, and it's not in stock anywhere. Must have been discontinued.

I've had mine for about 3 years and they havent had any issues with the neoprene, or anything else for that matter.

I haven't had a pair of muck boots in years but I remember liking them

Alaskan sneakers

I'm not sure if there's been a truer statement.

I've got family in Ketchikan, and Xtratufs are some of the most common footwear there. My teenage nephew wears Xtratufs almost 24/7, I imagine it would be 24/7 if he didn't need to wear cleats for baseball or if his mom would let him wear them to church.

If they'll handle near constant abuse from an adventurous, outdoorsy, teenager, they've got to live up to their name.

Jewel's bought a pair last time we were visiting, but only because they had a "cute octopus pattern" on the inside.

Xtra Tuff were great, I have an older made in the USA pair. They have since outsourced them to China and the quality has gone to shit apparently. Same for LaCrosse.

I ordered a pair of these Skellerup Quattro’s off Amazon, they are a New Zealand company but made in China also. The quality seemed to be really good but my normal size was huge. It cost me $40 to return them so I was hesitant to try the next size down and am still looking.

https://www.amazon.com/Skellerup-FRQ...s%2C173&sr=8-1

Top Back Refresh