What's new

RECALL HF 3-6 ton jack stands

What thickness do I need to lift a school bus full of nuns and kids?
Dunno what's legit, only what I used :flipoff2:

Thick enough that it'll support the intended load.
It hasn't killed me so far (famous last words :laughing:)

You guys have jacks that the saddle is attached?

I've never seen one that wasn't just held in its hole by more than gravity?

1663180239632.png

:confused:
That's what both of my floor jacks have, and the ghetto extendo-dong works on either one.

You guys have jacks that the saddle is attached?

I've never seen one that wasn't just held in its hole by more than gravity?

1663180239632.png

:confused:
I have a couple of the HF 3 ton "rapid lift" ones and both have the saddle screwed down with a big honking metric bolt.
You can see it here:
56624_W3.jpg

The low profile one will soon have a spreader bar on it so I can pickup the whole front of a car at once (the regular jack makes it too tall to fit under even the front axle of the GMT800 when it's on there):
64051_W4.jpg

Granted, once I get my 2 post lift installed it likely won't see much use, but such is life.

Aaron Z

Explorer sat for six months on these while I SAS'd it. Its been on them the last two weeks while Radflo was rebuilding the shocks.
20220914_194034.jpg

Explorer sat for six months on these while I SAS'd it. Its been on them the last two weeks while Radflo was rebuilding the shocks.
20220914_194034.jpg
those orange ones look like ones I bought at Pomona swap meet in the 80's, I'm still rocking them, Long before HF was around.

And your cribbing looks like old crossarms.

Is that my garage?:lmao:

If I know I'm doing a big project, like whole new suspension. I just weld steel to the frame with a cross piece. Less chance of getting smushed, and it frees up stands.

I put theory to practice today. Traded in my old 12 tons for the new style. I had to show them the link for the store credit price. The new style is much better quality then the older ones.

Attachments

• 20220917_163900.jpg
    20220917_163900.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
It's not a even swap btw. The new jacks are more expensive and they only credit you what they cost new. I just swapped my 4 6 tons out

It's not a even swap btw. The new jacks are more expensive and they only credit you what they cost new. I just swapped my 4 6 tons out
Its odd the 6 tons have a big price difference, between store credit and new prices. 12 tons were only $6 difference. And 3 tons are $10 more.

Top Back Refresh