What's new

Random stuff you made.

billybob_81067

Redneck
Member Number
Loc
Southeastern Colorado
We need to resurrect the Random stuff you made thread from Pirate. That was one of my favorite threads over there to see what other people have been working on. I'll start with the last thing I made that was worthy of posting up. I'm sure you already saw it over there, but I don't want to start a thread like this without adding something of my own to the first post! I weighed it with a crane scale when it was all done and with the tailgate it weighs in at 206lbs.

photo1115.jpg

photo1117.jpg

photo1118.jpg

photo1119.jpg

photo1120.jpg

Yes! I loved that thread.

Made this for my neighbor a few days ago, from some pieces laying around, a stand for his buffing wheel. Simple, but it works. It's stable enough on it's own, but we'll probably try to fill the tire with water once we move it over to his place.

buffing_stand.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	buffing_stand.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	4274

And I was tired of digging around in my drawer of zip ties, so I made a holder for them. Made it out of PVC poop pipe, it's plenty light enough to grab with 1 hand and move it around.

zipties_01.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	zipties_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	4295

Last edited:
Built a tank for the rear of my crewcab. When it was longbed I used a suburban tank, but now its shortbed, and has the 4" exhaust for the cummins in the way, so had to make a custom size. not perfect by any means but should hold another 30 gal. If you think you're a welder, try building a tank! had to grind and reweld everywhere and hope I got them all.

photo1257.jpg

hookers, can't live with em ya know?:flipoff2: It's actually my business now. I build special effects, animatronics, and sets for haunted houses & movies.

I got in the film biz on Firestarter, fresh out of high school. I hate/love dropping by the MUFX shop, cover that shit up! When we get back to work things sure are going to be very different. I'm told Catering will be prepared off site and served prepackaged, Crafty will also handle Covid Coordination. I hope you work in one of the big shops where it's all sunglasses and blowjobs like it used to be!

That looks like a 50 cal can.

Or actually whats called a fat 50 can, in the gun show circus.

I worked in Gower Gulch area of Hollywood Calif when it even existed.

Crawling around in the sound stage rafters.

Viair 400 compressor, computer exhaust fan, inflater, 15' power cord, and 25' air hose all fit in a .556 ammo can.

Last edited:
My latest from that other thread...
Got an overland as fuck drawer for the back of my rig and it had some 🏳️‍🌈 plastic cutting board.
Glued up some teak and yellow maple cutoffs...
large.jpg

Some trips through the planer...
large.jpg

Sanded and sized...
medium800.jpg

Some butcher block oil...
medium800.jpg

Used it last weekend...
large.jpg

Overland ad FUCK!!! :grinpimp:

That looks like a 50 cal can.

Or actually whats called a fat 50 can, in the gun show circus.

I worked in Gower Gulch area of Hollywood Calif when it even existed.

Crawling around in the sound stage rafters.

Well if you read the side of the ammo can it says it was for linked 5.56 blanks....but I'm sure you're right in your ramblings.

Viair 400 compressor, computer exhaust fan, inflater, 15' power cord, and 25' air hose all fit in a .556 ammo can.

Nice. I did something similar in those canvas HF tool bags. I put a Viair compressor 15' of hose or so, 15' of leads with alligator clips on the ends, and then a tire gauge and some plugs all in a tool bag and it fits behind the seat of my old man's pickup. I built two of them so the other one goes with us in whatever vehicle we take a trip in whenever we go somewhere... Better than calling roadside assistance when you get a flat and find out your spare is flat too!

image_1945.jpg
C11704FF-D71F-4036-A0F6-A598ED493AC6.jpeg BDC3FF75-738A-41D3-B622-8F256A498371.jpeg A track adapters and front skis for a smart car. Need to build a rack for a back bumper so I can carry ice augar to go fishing.

A reverse flow bbq for a buddy of mine.

a long tracked phazer.

pretty stupid shit lol

mini jet boat and mini Baja car rebuilds in process

Last edited:
Axle lifter attachment for my cherry picker.

photo2017.jpg

Last edited:

back in the 80's I made a stereo out of one. Worked great bouncing around construction equipment. Ammo cans are handy as fuck.

back in the 80's I made a stereo out of one. Worked great bouncing around construction equipment. Ammo cans are handy as fuck.

I just built one for my son's b-day present. A cd head unit and a couple speakers packed into a short .40 cal can... will have to get some pics. And yes ammo cans are handy as fuck! I just bought 10 more of the fat 50's from surplus center with my last order and already used 3 of them for organizing roller chain into. I built some quick and dirty dividers and pop riveted them in from the sides to make different compartments within the can.

Here's one of my old ammo can creations because I got tired of my craftsman socket set puking all the sockets out everywhere...

photo2210.jpg

photo2211.jpg

photo2212.jpg

photo2213.jpg

Top Back Refresh