What's new

Random stuff you made.

Wife wanted something to water trees with so I took a tank on a skid that I had and cut it down to fit in the garden trailer. Added some rubber feet to the bottom and sides to keep it from slipping and then put a ball valve and cam lock hose connection. Now she can fill the trailer off of our shallow well and then go around to the small trees and dump 10-15 gallons per tree. No more carrying buckets of water!

IMG_2022-05-01_14-31-53.jpeg

IMG_2022-05-01_14-31-53.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2022-05-01_14-31-37.jpeg
    IMG_2022-05-01_14-31-37.jpeg
    829 KB · Views: 6
How often do you wash and wax your jack? There’s not a speck of grease, oil, rust, or any other kind of grime on that bastard :flipoff2:

I blow it off every now and then..... It is a newish jack, I have had it about a year and really have only used it on my jeep build in a pretty controlled environment.

I didn't build it, but came across it for sale, figured it'd fit here.

I like off road atv trailers with this type of tandem walking beam "suspension" especially with little atv tires and no fenders, so the back wheel can flip over in front when jammed on a log or rock.

This thing confuses me. I can't imagine what it was made to haul. Maybe lumber to a remote cabin. Liquid stuff would slosh out, bulk material would have to be hand shoveled out. Maybe just for random camping gear.

279724658_5363982053653183_2159017898809480933_n.jpg
279916834_7494946373880204_6588962817408288170_n.jpg
280193788_5176243325768695_4058224138432910174_n.jpg

Be careful when the extension is in use. The jack has to roll as it lifts. If the wheels catch on something and you are lifting something heavy, the leverage from the extension will fold those black links like a wet noodle and drop whatever you are picking up. The only thing that holds the jack lifting foot parallel to the jack base is those 2 links, be nice to them.

^ That is a good thought to keep in the back of my head. I haven't used the extensions much except for flexing out the suspension and checking for intereference. Thanks for the heads up.

Be careful when the extension is in use. The jack has to roll as it lifts. If the wheels catch on something and you are lifting something heavy, the leverage from the extension will fold those black links like a wet noodle and drop whatever you are picking up. The only thing that holds the jack lifting foot parallel to the jack base is those 2 links, be nice to them.
Tell me you never use a floor jack to do sketchy shit on unpaved surfaces without telling me you never use a floor jack to do sketchy shit on unpaved surfaces. :flipoff2:

The jack tries to do a front flip long before anything breaks.

Built my second "bush boat trailer"

The old timer insisted he help with this one. I think it was his first time using MIG. Kept holding the trigger without realizing it or setting it down on the trigger. One time about 6 feet of wire was out of the gun and live and got into the galv rim. Made a nice burn.

He also couldn't see for shit and totally missed the joints he was trying to weld.

Oh, well. It's not going to fall apart.:laughing:

P5130098.JPG
P5130099.JPG
P5130102.JPG
P5130104.JPG

I normally don't put the jack and winch on the same side as the handles can interfere. This time I did so I'd have more room for the spare tire. I shortened both handles for packaging. The air tire jack works great and rolls easy.

The spare is mounted on a hub and bearing and the assembly on a 2 inch receiver so it can be flipped down and three wheeled out into the water. No need to drown the atv.

P5130112.JPG

Does this whole assembly come off the trailer axle to change the wheel, or is it just removable from the tongue of the trailer?
download - 2022-05-16T183143.703.jpeg

That's well thought out. I especially like the spare setup.

The narrow track/high CG doesn't get weird on the road?

Does this whole assembly come off the trailer axle to change the wheel, or is it just removable from the tongue of the trailer?
download - 2022-05-16T183143.703.jpeg
Looking at the next picture up the whole assembly comes off (and can be rotated to put the wheel down to let it roll to push the trailer in by hand and winch it back out?)

Aaron Z

It just removes from the tongue, gets flipped 180 so the tire is well below the tongue, and makes a trike. It's not my original idea, you can buy them like that, I think they're called beach launch wheels. Saves you drowning your truck trying to launch in a shallow beach.

You can see it's held on with a 1/2 inch hitch pin. I thickened up the corner of the receiver with some angle, then tapped a hole on a 45 to put a bolt to keep shit from banging around.

I was really hoping the hub would match the torsion stubs, but unfortunately they're different. I think the spare is on a 1.25" spindle and the torsions are 1.5" Could have been a spare hub ready to go. Oh, well.

Last edited:
That's well thought out. I especially like the spare setup.

The narrow track/high CG doesn't get weird on the road?
This is the second one I've made like this. The first one has been around for about 6 years I think. Haven't had a problem yet.

Since the boat weighs nothing, the CG really isn't as high as it looks. I think those tires are 13 inch rims, and obviously radials. They're on 2000 lbs torsion stubs, which are basically rigid at this weight, so we drop the PSI in the tires to give a little suspension. They sure are nice for ground clearance.

This was the original I made years ago. You can see I fucked up by putting the winch higher than the bow stopper. Once the boat hit the stopper you could keep cranking and the boat would continue riding up, such that it wouldn't touch the rollers and supports under the boat. You would have to stop cranking, then put the rope under that little tube to hold down the bow.

I added the aluminum step, which is something still to be done on the new one.

RIMG5269.jpg
RIMG8091.jpg

RIMG5266.jpg
RIMG5267.jpg

I've been hearing a Barred Owl hooting behind my house for a few years. It got more intense the past few months. Then I started seeing it a few times over the past month in the woods right up close behind my house. I decided to use some scrap pallets and build a house for it as a Mothers Day present for my wife

Owl house 2.jpg

Owl house 1.jpg

Owl house on tree 2.jpg

Owl house on tree 1.jpg

I've been hearing a Barred Owl hooting behind my house for a few years. It got more intense the past few months. Then I started seeing it a few times over the past month in the woods right up close behind my house. I decided to use some scrap pallets and build a house for it as a Mothers Day present for my wife

Owl house 2.jpg

Owl house 1.jpg

Owl house on tree 2.jpg

Owl house on tree 1.jpg
That's pretty cool. Update us if they nest in it. I have some owls around my place and thought about building a house. My 5 minutes of internet research said it is difficult to get them to nest in the houses.

That's pretty cool. Update us if they nest in it. I have some owls around my place and thought about building a house. My 5 minutes of internet research said it is difficult to get them to nest in the houses.

Man thats like a 5 star Hooters Hotel! Nice work. :smokin:
We're on our 4th year, and 7th pair of Barn Owl brooders this spring. Took em about 10 months to move in after I put up our "box". Been back twice a year since. ( I dunno if they are actually the same pair or not)

hooters.jpg

:smokin: How thick is the plate.
7g stainless 304 or 316

20220503_190346.jpg

This is the first one made of 14g. It warped a good 2in
I have sold a couple pieces of stainless scrap for people doing this. I may need to make one for myself.
You can cook fatty burgers without fighting flame ups. I'd like to try eggs.
make sure and pickle the shit outta it in muriatic
Why is that? It's 304 or 316 stainless but I'm not sure which

Im into that! I've been using a cast iron griddle that just isn't nearly big enough. I could easily fit double the surface area in my grill. SS would be sweet so it doesn't trust when you forget it out there after cooking with salt on it.

anywhere it's been welded you get a bunch of free chromium in weird molecule shapes that you REALLY don't want in your food
He didn't even clean off the weld smoke before slapping down burgers. I don't think theres many fucks to give. :laughing:

I bet his sammichs are black by the time he gets to the end too.

Nd9GcQuYqIEmF3H9fSLIzC836aMiKwn79or0vzyiw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Top Back Refresh