What's new

Random stuff you made.

I was bored today. Made mosty from 78 bronco parts

Well done, that thing is awesome!

Lots of cool stuff here. The only thing I've made recently was a tool to remove the valve from an old propane tank. It's just a 1.3.8" socket (I think) welded inside a piece of square tube that is slotted to go over the valve. I'll post pics when I'm done with it. It needs a little reinforcement.

Was tired of working with a tiny old import vise and kept watching the fireball tool video where he fabricates one. That's my old vise in it's jaws.
12" Max opening,
3"x3"x1/4" wall body
2-1/2"x2-1/2"x1/4" wall movable jaw
1"-8 threaded rod for the screw
hardened jaws from a wilton 10010 vise mounted to 1" thick steel
uprights are 5/8"
Mounting bolt pattern to fit on 5/8" holes set to 2" centers

Nice work!

nothing fancy - Daughter wanted a wood ladder to display pictures at her wedding - damn things are $135 to $150 on c-list
so $30 bucks at home depot and came up with this.

What the hell $150 for an old wooden ladder on Craigslist? That is nuts! Maybe I should sell some old ladders...

I was bored today. Made mosty from 78 bronco parts

Nice. Ironically, the one my buddy made me last year for my birthday also has a lot of '78 bronco parts...

lzNwUwAj7LzWSEzSDgLmPsz9a-Rd__4UWEr19BHbDWL6dNsXb1oMnj7fK2gzr4jv_jmczX0kzxNcsntLgj93O7PtLcyvgFNLdRs6au6bmMUeBBikOQqA2UByY9vycWBrGwdzEJpt5X9TUfldtuFv_1QnQg6JJExhmRx_Crw4zQ0dqNs1nCivgP7CzL7HK83YrzbfhJjnXXKMTbTOtIK6CDqmPsvZGizoLsukhPWiiX4a9JersvXUiVdHY71Z4xxpKXuXMzyrTJX6pkX-QUJ8webYIzN9FQE-e2FkXJ44qXLUmNXCEBNx27Hs3ZeJ8AyeH14vZLWcPPV7YLrmdDT4Wb8ypHnji8UMfwh3F17mRFXvGtxF-vgM6q4IiZLKLkbuyIcOvNb3s3fTpgcnRMFyM8eZPQ0BxHOpI-XDlyllHDjJsCbVO7WPNAmv4LFtvHoGkgE84I5gB4pkj5v4Wq1Im-7KTWBF_oB-VSqjlp1mNeUtU8WuLYrYWj3MbQYivxbIrX17KYZPXzzuTv5J3FL9BEi88s5nYkobnMFnmuYNrMC_xsL8oUCzhF53QM3MCYY_OC3bX9qDMTu8N427ee8P8RbEvJOaLWxHDd0f5Tx2cGPdnNThxYdIdG1dNXFk__hHhMuFG5eNhkw92oKP8DLglV8a8HfO-r99JnMsAM2aCdqMDEv4Y_MuvxUxGEbcwg=w733-h977-no

Mount I made last year for a Milwaukee to replace the old HF saw.

photo3963.jpg

photo3964.jpg

Nice. Ironically, the one my buddy made me last year for my birthday also has a lot of '78 bronco parts...

lzNwUwAj7LzWSEzSDgLmPsz9a-Rd__4UWEr19BHbDWL6dNsXb1oMnj7fK2gzr4jv_jmczX0kzxNcsntLgj93O7PtLcyvgFNLdRs6au6bmMUeBBikOQqA2UByY9vycWBrGwdzEJpt5X9TUfldtuFv_1QnQg6JJExhmRx_Crw4zQ0dqNs1nCivgP7CzL7HK83YrzbfhJjnXXKMTbTOtIK6CDqmPsvZGizoLsukhPWiiX4a9JersvXUiVdHY71Z4xxpKXuXMzyrTJX6pkX-QUJ8webYIzN9FQE-e2FkXJ44qXLUmNXCEBNx27Hs3ZeJ8AyeH14vZLWcPPV7YLrmdDT4Wb8ypHnji8UMfwh3F17mRFXvGtxF-vgM6q4IiZLKLkbuyIcOvNb3s3fTpgcnRMFyM8eZPQ0BxHOpI-XDlyllHDjJsCbVO7WPNAmv4LFtvHoGkgE84I5gB4pkj5v4Wq1Im-7KTWBF_oB-VSqjlp1mNeUtU8WuLYrYWj3MbQYivxbIrX17KYZPXzzuTv5J3FL9BEi88s5nYkobnMFnmuYNrMC_xsL8oUCzhF53QM3MCYY_OC3bX9qDMTu8N427ee8P8RbEvJOaLWxHDd0f5Tx2cGPdnNThxYdIdG1dNXFk__hHhMuFG5eNhkw92oKP8DLglV8a8HfO-r99JnMsAM2aCdqMDEv4Y_MuvxUxGEbcwg=w733-h977-no

That's where I got the idea. That's pretty funny they are both from 70s ford

Last edited:
Here it is in operation.

It used to hit harder in my old garage, I think that's because I was running an air line bypassing the regulator. It's also been sitting for a few years, it might need some oiling. Cans now get to about 1/4", they used to get closer to 1/8". I'll have to run a dedicated line for this :evil:

billybob, I like the idea of mounting it horizontal with an ejection slot, I didn't think of that! I might have to modify this now, thanks :smokin:

Last edited:
Here it is in operation.

It used to hit harder in my old garage, I think that's because I was running an air line bypassing the regulator. It's also been sitting for a few years, it might need some oiling. Cans now get to about 1/4", they used to get closer to 1/8". I'll have to run a dedicated line for this :evil:

billybob, I like the idea of mounting it horizontal with an ejection slot, I didn't think of that! I might have to modify this now, thanks :smokin:

What bore is your cylinder? If I remember right mine is a 2" and I wish I would have gone with a 3" for maximum squishing! Lol.

What bore is your cylinder? If I remember right mine is a 2" and I wish I would have gone with a 3" for maximum squishing! Lol.

it's at least 3", I'll measure tonight. I wish I would have made mine taller, it doesn't QUITE fit "tall boy" cans. you need to pre-crush them slightly :rolleyes:

IMG_20190803_171709570.jpg

Three point tilers are expensive, unless you make one from a 60 year old garden tractor one and a 3 point hitch frame. into this thing for like $300.

Small portable press brake I made the other day. I needed to bend some brackets in the field and didn’t want to bring my press out. Planned to make it smaller/lighter with a 4 or 8 ton bottle jack but didn’t feel like going to the HF. I’ll build another smaller one in the future.

I've got an 8 ton on the shelf...thanks for the next project :smokin:

Here it is in operation.

Can you film and crush a full one? For science...:flipoff2:

The dual engine Triumph land speed racer I made in my shop of horror...Custom frame, two 1956 50 Triumph engines, Harley 5 speed and clutch, Suzuki forks and wheels and a bunch of other home stuff..It was being run on the chassis dyno for tuning and reliabiity testing...Me in the midle, my good friend and rider on the right and his friend on the left.

E8dlE8Xh.jpg

The chain drive primary

Chain

The center sprocket idler is a reworked Subaru wheel bearing hub...

5owsxLDh.jpg

Cut some 3/4" plate on the table for some forks to make them a quick disconnect.

photo6366.jpg

photo6365.jpg

Top Back Refresh