What's new

Random stuff you made.

fitted digital controller to old kiln . goes to 1300C

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

currently building log splitter 48" stroke with hydraulic blade adjustment. 3" piston in cylinder

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

kitchen table with horseshoe inlays, still need to do final finish.
interior barn doors

The inlays are cool!

This is what I came up with for the pantry door. Kinda pinteresty but its handy as fuck being able to leave it open while cooking and not have a door open into traffic. Did some pretty sweet stainless hardware.

41956.jpeg

I guess the rest of the kitchen counts too, had some help with trim and the ceiling, but I did the rest.

Small portable press brake I made the other day. I needed to bend some brackets in the field and didn’t want to bring my press out. Planned to make it smaller/lighter with a 4 or 8 ton bottle jack but didn’t feel like going to the HF. I’ll build another smaller one in the future.

photo2972.jpg

Small portable press brake I made the other day. I needed to bend some brackets in the field and didn’t want to bring my press out. Planned to make it smaller/lighter with a 4 or 8 ton bottle jack but didn’t feel like going to the HF. I’ll build another smaller one in the future.

Stolen, Thanks!!

While obviously impressive, what the hell gimongous wood stove do you have that takes 48" billets? Or do you have a steam engine to take trips cross country?

we split them and stack the to dry and then cut to lenght when needed. usually make couple years worth at once

The inlays are cool!

This is what I came up with for the pantry door. Kinda pinteresty but its handy as fuck being able to leave it open while cooking and not have a door open into traffic. Did some pretty sweet stainless hardware.

I guess the rest of the kitchen counts too, had some help with trim and the ceiling, but I did the rest.

looks great

How thick are all the pieces? I'm guessing 1/2"-ish?

I like that. And I have a spare 20T jack laying around. :)

I am currently building this RC truck for a customer. Its a leafsprung chassis and using a GCM racing transmission so that i can do a scale motor under the opening hood.
W9OwMPC.jpg

qe30oXt.jpg

I just built one to fit one my 20 shop press. No pictures because of I'm a shitty welder.

I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Last edited:
Was tired of working with a tiny old import vise and kept watching the fireball tool video where he fabricates one. That's my old vise in it's jaws.
12" Max opening,
3"x3"x1/4" wall body
2-1/2"x2-1/2"x1/4" wall movable jaw
1"-8 threaded rod for the screw
hardened jaws from a wilton 10010 vise mounted to 1" thick steel
uprights are 5/8"
Mounting bolt pattern to fit on 5/8" holes set to 2" centers
QAUU8490.JPG

Was tired of working with a tiny old import vise and kept watching the fireball tool video where he fabricates one. That's my old vise in it's jaws.
12" Max opening,
3"x3"x1/4" wall body
2-1/2"x2-1/2"x1/4" wall movable jaw
1"-8 threaded rod for the screw
hardened jaws from a wilton 10010 vise mounted to 1" thick steel
uprights are 5/8"
Mounting bolt pattern to fit on 5/8" holes set to 2" centers

That is bad ass. I've been itching to build one since watching his video too...

nothing fancy - Daughter wanted a wood ladder to display pictures at her wedding - damn things are $135 to $150 on c-list
so $30 bucks at home depot and came up with this.
20200525_165008.jpg

Top Back Refresh