What's new

Ram Rebel Air Suspension Delete

Got about 400 miles on the new set up.

Front end shaking at highway speed has been greatly reduced to almost nothing. Rear is quite a bit softer now. Ride is taking getting used to. Body roll is felt more. Hitting bumps or washboards is way more comfortable. Not having to worry about a drained system when its 2 degrees outside is completely worth it.

35s installed a few weeks ago. Maxxis Razr AT. Fit great, no rubbing on the 2" lift.

Rear has settled a bit. The Fox stuff rides great. The front is almost too soft.

20211019_160936.jpg
20211019_161236.jpg

That's a shame to hear. I always liked the idea of factory air ride, especially with the 2500s. But I've yet to see a OE system that lasts.

Hopefully the fox is just as good of a ride, is tow capacity sacrificed with them?

Land Rover has figured out how to make air struts last 10+ years. Leave it to Dodge to beat the “most unreliable brand ever” in poor reliability. :flipoff2:

I did the same 2.0 fox front coilovers on mine, but I did gen 1 raptor shocks in the rear. They JUST squeeze in there, I still need to do a little clearancing and Clean up the shock bodies. The top cap on the shock hits the frame on bumps causing it to clunk. With gladiator Rubicon springs it nets me about 11.5" of wheel travel. :laughing:
20210324_154742.jpg

Probably not the right forum to document this, but it's a huge problem in cold climates.

Parts list ordered:

Fox:
983-02-050 Front coil overs
985-24-032 Rear shocks

General Spring:
TTC-1210 rear coils. 25% more capacity coils for towing.

Mopar:
52855789AB Spring isolators

All going on tomorrow.

I cannot leave my house without airing up the suspension in the cold because it leaks down over night and blows fuses. It took an hour today. Can't deal with it anymore. The Rebel lean is real.
Was everything plug and play with the front fox coils and rear shocks? Didnt need a different mounting perch or anything for front or rear??

Top Back Refresh