What's new

Ram Rebel Air Suspension Delete

TiTRD

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Wilmington, VT
Probably not the right forum to document this, but it's a huge problem in cold climates.

Parts list ordered:

Fox:
983-02-050 Front coil overs
985-24-032 Rear shocks

General Spring:
TTC-1210 rear coils. 25% more capacity coils for towing.

Mopar:
52855789AB Spring isolators

All going on tomorrow.

I cannot leave my house without airing up the suspension in the cold because it leaks down over night and blows fuses. It took an hour today. Can't deal with it anymore. The Rebel lean is real.

2.0 coil overs.

20210129_213756.jpg

Hmm, that's interesting. Never really thought of it being a problem when it's so cold outside. Hope it works out good for you.

What's the source for it bleeding down?

I believe the bags are cracked.

I have the system turned off currently, but normally in warm months the compressor will kick on to compensate while it's parked. In the cold the condensation freezes and over works the compressor popping a fuse or worse (which has not happened to me) blowing the compressor up. It's an unreliable system.

Truth be told, when it works, it's super handy. I've fit in parking garages that a normal truck cannot by lowering it into 'entry mode'. It also compensates for load in the bed or a trailer by auto leveling. However living in the northeast, it's not a viable system.

I believe the bags are cracked.

That's a shame to hear. I always liked the idea of factory air ride, especially with the 2500s. But I've yet to see a OE system that lasts.

Hopefully the fox is just as good of a ride, is tow capacity sacrificed with them?

That's a shame to hear. I always liked the idea of factory air ride, especially with the 2500s. But I've yet to see a OE system that lasts.

Hopefully the fox is just as good of a ride, is tow capacity sacrificed with them?

Got HD rear springs, which supposedly is 25% more capacity over stock.

If you overload the factory air ride it locks out too.

Do you have to reprogram anything after the install to get the air suspension system to not throw codes and warning lights?

Is that a giant shock boot over the airbag itself or is that actually the shape of the bags?

Anything computerized you can eliminate on a new vehicle is a good thing. One less headache to deal with later down the road.

That kit add any lift?

Do you have to reprogram anything after the install to get the air suspension system to not throw codes and warning lights?

Is that a giant shock boot over the airbag itself or is that actually the shape of the bags?

Anything computerized you can eliminate on a new vehicle is a good thing. One less headache to deal with later down the road.

That kit add any lift?

I'll need to buy alpaobd to fully delete the warnings. Which I will. It'll just flash once when started and I can clear it for now.

Those are the strut/ bags. No boot.

2" front lift.

AlfaOBD works great. I used it to program my towing mirrors and will be using it to correct my speedo and TPMS when I swap to my 35s.

Curious how you like the fox struts/shocks. I put eibach struts/coils and shocks on my Chevy. It was a drastic improvement over the crap ranchos and stock coils.

How or why do you program mirrors :confused:

If you swap from the standard mirror to the towing mirror with the blindspot mirrors, you have to tell the truck's Body Control Module that you now have the turn signals, puddle lamps and flip up towing mirror otherwise the lamps will not work and the power mirror controls will not calibrate with the mirror flipped up. Since the mirror is rotated 90°, the down button would tilt the mirror to the left, the left button would tilt it up, etc. Turning the option on corrects that as well as allows the lights to work. Though I doubt you will ever see my truck with the mirrors flipped up.

So the air dryer is shitty allowing moisture in to fuck things up?

I once Had to jb weld some piece on a lx470 compressor back on that had busted from water freezing.

So the air dryer is shitty allowing moisture in to fuck things up?

I once Had to jb weld some piece on a lx470 compressor back on that had busted from water freezing.

Likely.

But its no longer an issue. Millions of trucks running on the road with air suspension, but seems no one can get passenger car air suspension right.

Likely.

But its no longer an issue. Millions of trucks running on the road with air suspension, but seems no one can get passenger car air suspension right.

Yeah, it's not a commercial vehicle no fucks given if it's not reliable. always something stupid cheap busted on the shit I worked on. There's a 97 town car out front thst bleeds down after a day, my continental I ran for a week was fine and the 91 caddy out front has no issues.

After swapping all the suspension out, I pulled fuses F05, F50, and solenoid K03, which control air ride.

I get this warning once upon start up, can scroll out of it. Does not pop back up while driving. Also ride height buttons disabled and not illuminated.

20210201_105525.jpg
20210201_105542.jpg

Top Back Refresh