What's new

Rally, Rallycross, HooptieX, etc.....

Hooptie

This is bat country!
Member Number
Loc
Frostproof FLA
Anybody else play these games? Putting mudflaps on a brand new WRX STI doesn't count, unless you beat on it in the dirt.

I used to, had dirt/ice racing and road race setups. I popped another $$$ motor almost 10 years ago and got back into the much cheaper wheeling, it's been sitting in the trailer ever since. I really should build another motor for it, still a kick ass street and dirt road car even though some of the creature comforts are gone. Plus it has under 20k on it, so probably still worth some money being an 07.

Click image for larger version Name:	racecar.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	349372

Plus it has under 20k on it, so probably still worth some money being an 07.
Yeah with those miles, probably still worth the money to make streetable if someone wanted to.

We have an 04 Wagon, 2.5 n/a, took it to it's first event having only driven it on and off the trailer, and quickly figured out the clutch was toast. It's still waiting on a clutch and flywheel.

photo53380.jpg

Our main runner is a 92 Miata with good bit of drivetrain and suspension upgrades. It's always good sideways fun.
photo53382.jpg
photo53384.jpg

Video's from a couple of past events put on by the local rally school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhWcK1nc4TQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP7rf1IDPog

photo53379.jpg

photo53383.jpg

attach349850.jpg

Last edited:
The thought has crossed my mind for my 2020 sti. Even looked up a dirt track.

Why is an 07 sti worth money?

Why is an 07 sti worth money?

Because it's the last year before they got ghey :flipoff2:

If I returned it to stock it books for 25-28k, which is more than I paid for it with 15,000 miles 13 years ago. I see them for sale locally with close to 100k miles for 25 or so. Or I could sell it as a 500whp methanol injected caged death machine, but I doubt I could get a third of what I have into it.

I wish I still had pics and video of all the racing but photofucket ruined that. The "road racing" we did was top gear style on a cold war era BLM airstrip with cones and paint laying out the track, so it was about like being on gravel anyway.

tanacross.png

Last edited:
08-14 was horrible, especially those stupid hatchbacks. 15+ are still very good cars, but they lost the feel of the older models and are way more complex and asphalt oriented. 04-07 is generally regarded as the best generation of north american sti.

I wish I still had pics and video of all the racing but photofucket ruined that. The "road racing" we did was top gear style on a cold war era BLM airstrip with cones and paint laying out the track, so it was about like being on gravel anyway.

Looks like an interesting spot. We had a lot of WWII bomber training fields in Florida, several have been repurposed into tracks including Sebring International. The FIRM (Florida International Rally & Motorsport) Park has a limestone skidpad that was a bomber landing strip that has had the blacktop removed. Parts of the forest stages have chicanes to miss the large concrete tiedown pads still buried in the ground.

this belongs here..

edit: apparently belongs to a chick! #hardlineladies was on the car. Awesome!

photo53628.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh