What's new

Radio Options? got to have some tunes..

docj88

'Splain this to me again
Member Number
Loc
Texas!!
Need to set up some tunes. My Yota isn't supposed to be a daily driver but living 7 miles from work and it getting better fuel mileage than my "daily", the Yota gets driven much more frequently than the Chevy. It still has the factory radio but it doesn't work and all the speakers are either missing or blown. I had the truck 10 months ant thought the clock on the radio was stuck on 5:30 until I realized that it was reading 530 AM, the radio station...

What I'm really looking for is something like a sound bar for a UTV. I want an all-in-one bluetooth receiver and speaker system that I can mount somewhere, Preferably in the middle of the back glass at the top. I would like it to be on a switched hot so that it turns on and off with the key like a regular radio, and automatically connect to my phone when it turns on. It doesn't have to be earth shaking loud, or waterproof.

The radio in my Chevy does this and its awesome. It's the only thing I like more about my Chevy than the Yota.

Suggestions?

I've been running a SSV MRB3 in my Jeep for 2.5 years with no issue. Keep it parked outside with the top down in Florida, a few miles from the coast. But it doesn't have speakers built in.

While it isn't all in one, I used the amp out of this setup to run door speakers in one of my trucks for quite a while before I decided to hide a whole single DIN head unit in the glovebox. I never used the speakers so I can't comment on them. Their power rating is horse shit, it runs on a 5 amp fuse but with a set of cheap 6.5s in the doors I never had it maxed out for cruising around in a very not quiet old truck. The amp is tiny so you can put it anywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...91812054244-20

Personally, if I were you I'd just buy a normal radio and put some speakers in it. You can do it under $100 and it'd take half an hour at best unless you're just really stuck on the aesthetics of the stock head unit being in the truck.

Last edited:
alright this has me craving some better audio in the crawler again.... fawk

current setup is a $200 best buy special, couple 6" rounds and couple 6x9's and its pretty loud and sounds ok

ive been seeing these soundbars might be what i want -

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-wrgh9...c4bEvbhUeqt1bXOBzVG8Q65eyymUf6VcaAnqKEALw_wcB

maybe not that exact one but hell theyre bluetooth, built in amps, and supposedly loud as fawk

now how do i tie that into my current setup??

is there like a bluetooth splitter that i can use, phone hooks up to bluetooth splitter and then splitter hooks up to 2 stereos?

what is CRUTCHFIELD like now???

back in the days we would just look at the pics, when stuck with nothing good to read.. most of my friends wouldn't touch it

I used to help run MobileAudioWorld.com but its been gone like 12 years or so
I have not been keeping up for about 7-8 years or so, compared to how I was

what is CRUTCHFIELD like now???

back in the days we would just look at the pics, when stuck with nothing good to read.. most of my friends wouldn't touch it

I used to help run MobileAudioWorld.com but its been gone like 12 years or so
I have not been keeping up for about 7-8 years or so, compared to how I was

bought some stuff from them about a year ago and they make it easy to find what fits a vehicle. They sent me the proper harness adapter to wire up the stereo as well as the din mounting bracket required for my tacoma application. Their prices might be slightly higher to account for that but I had to invest zero effort in buying the right harness for my vehicle which was nice.

When everything arrived I wired up the stereo harness to the OE adapter harness they sent (you can pay them like $10 to do it for you so it's completely plug and play), and dropped the stereo in. 30-45 minutes to install with no hassle.

Top Back Refresh