What's new

Racism and Kamala Harris Pronounciation

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
alright, while the CRT thread is a serious issue, this one is purely for comedy :flipoff2:

https://news.yahoo.com/not-hidden-racism-behind-mispronouncing-184407322.html

The not-so-hidden racism behind mispronouncing Kamala Harris’s name

Unfortunately, considering these folks who have no shortage of experience calling Black women out of their name and disrespecting them in general, this is to be expected. Nonetheless, it is offensive and outrageous.

Just like they did to Obama, the Republicans are turning the senator and Democratic vice-presidential nominee into the “other,” the “foreigner” with the funny-sounding name. Considering the source, that is predictable. And that is 100% unadulterated racism.

and then in today's news

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...eaking-day/ar-BB1cWbbH?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Vice President Kamala Harris made history on Wednesday when she was sworn in as the first Black and South Asian woman to serve as second-in-command. However, the groundbreaking moment was marred by a mistake - Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor mispronounced her name, saying "Kuh-MAH-luh" instead of "COMMA-luh."

While the mispronunciation was almost certainly unintentional, people on Twitter took notice of the misstep.

yes, if you have an accent and pronounce somebodies name wrong, you are a racist. unless of course, you happen to be a darling of the race instigating mob, then it is surely just unintentional

1) IBB is it for social media...

2) Unless somebody taped it, I've never had a conversation in my whole life...
3) Can't say I've >ever< voted D once in over thirty years... :flipoff2:

Isn’t sotomayer Hispanic? I thought only whitey was racist

Hispanics are generally white.

Hispania is an ethnicity, sure there are black Hispanics and indian Hispanics, but more often than not they are regarded as white Hispanics.

why they are the only ethnicity option beats me.

1) IBB is it for social media...

2) Unless somebody taped it, I've never had a conversation in my whole life...
3) Can't say I've >ever< voted D once in over thirty years... :flipoff2:

well, according to our chart and your admitted bigotry with answer #3, you are a racist. sorry

Nope... can't be a racist. I hate >everybody<... :laughing: :flipoff2:

everybody includes "white people" and, unfortunately for you, it is not actually wrong to hate white people, so your claimed hate is actually group affirming love. therefore, you are a racist for hating only white-hispanics, blacks and asians (including pacific islanders and native americans, we know where you came from :flipoff2: )

Hispanics are generally white.

Hispania is an ethnicity, sure there are black Hispanics and indian Hispanics, but more often than not they are regarded as white Hispanics.

why they are the only ethnicity option beats me.

i get all that. However, they always seem to be lumped into the POC category. Or maybe just when convenient.

I bet Kalama ****harris wouldn't even ask me how to pronounce my own name if she ever had to utter it. Seems like a good conclusion to a Bruce Willis movie.

I bet Kalama ****harris wouldn't even ask me how to pronounce my own name if she ever had to utter it. Seems like a good conclusion to a Bruce Willis movie.

i get my name mis-pronounced all the time.

people that have only ever seen it written on paper regularly spell it wrong.

it's literally not racism, especially because, like kamala harris, i even pronounce it differently from time to time :laughing:

names.jpg

Since when is a Jamaican a negro ?

The kunt never said she was a real negro only that she did alot of stuff for the real negros and agreed with reparations to give money to far distant relatives of slaves maybe sorta kinda.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ans-are-questioning-kamala-harriss-blackness/

are you saying that kamala has never claimed to be black?

hell, i'm pretty certain i can find her calling herself "african american" :laughing:

....can't recall her calling herself Caribbean, publicly. too small of a voting bloc

No I'm saying being Jamaican is not being black.

She has most likely said she is both.

are you saying that kamala has never claimed to be black?

hell, i'm pretty certain i can find her calling herself "african american" :laughing:

....can't recall her calling herself Caribbean, publicly. too small of a voting bloc

I have noticed that the term ‘black’ is in and ‘African American’ is out. It was like a switch and the news only describes the book now regardless of what is in it. They know if they say African American it won’t loop in the Vice, but they need her grouped. Crazy how coordinated they are. Why not just call Americans, Americans?

That NPR article had me rolling. I especially like all the "Latinx" comments. You know, that one word that was made up by gender warriors, and is absolutely despised by Latinos and Latinas. The fact that it's woke to refer to an entire culture by a word that that culture hates... :lmao:

That NPR article had me rolling. I especially like all the "Latinx" comments. You know, that one word that was made up by gender warriors, and is absolutely despised by Latinos and Latinas. The fact that it's woke to refer to an entire culture by a word that that culture hates... :lmao:

it great because it is a strongly gendered language, so forcing it to be gender neutral with an X of all things is wildly disrespectful to an entire language even if we don't consider how wildly disrespectful it is to an entire culture :laughing:

Top Back Refresh