What's new

Race truck 4653

Jumping the rocks at Sturgis.
4653-sturgis-22-Scott's-Designs_1997.jpg

4653-sturgis-22-Scott's-Designs_1959.jpg

Last edited:
This you with the bounce?

need one more gear.... :lmao: that looked like a jar breaker. i know i damn near bite my tongue every time i bounce off a ledge so i cant even imagine how hard these hits are... yikessss.

also something to think about, i read about it on ih8mud. 3d print your spring bushings out of TPU, one guy over there has 8000 miles on a set he printed. maybe a cheaper deal to replace

maybe

but how can u fix this if your using the seat holes?

seat mfgs are doing a huge disservice to their customers with the slots, its unfortunate and probably will never change.

custom made seats are they safest way to go. notice where his helmet is hitting the head rest? in a serious crash his body will sink into the seat, while his head will hit the seat frame and stay put.

seat mfgs are doing a huge disservice to their customers with the slots, its unfortunate and probably will never change.

custom made seats are they safest way to go. notice where his helmet is hitting the head rest? in a serious crash his body will sink into the seat, while his head will hit the seat frame and stay put.
very interesting and is this why suspension seats are not good for this type of racing also?

very interesting and is this why suspension seats are not good for this type of racing also?

a poorly fitted seat is not good period. a suspension seat that is properly fitted is better than a poor fitting hard shell. i wouldnt say its bad, just that it need to properly fit the occupant.

look at how much he is moving around, hard shells have become popular because you dont really move. when you become 'one' with the seat aka the vehicle you dont move around, belts dont loosen up, and fatigue goes down.

down side to hardshell is there have been a few people who have broken their backs aka compression fractures on vertebrae from bellying out at speed or from a ledge because all the force is translated to you.

having ridden in both, a good hard shell is REALLY comfortable.

My shoulder straps were not tight enough. I loosened them to turn around and remove the air pumper pre-filter during staging. I never fully re-tightened them. I normally don't move around in the seat like that. That much movement in the seat would make KOH or similar races almost impossible lol.

Great looking pictures. What’s your thinking on that race course? Is it good as is or could it use some more rocks etc to make it less of a sprint?

Great looking pictures. What’s your thinking on that race course? Is it good as is or could it use some more rocks etc to make it less of a sprint?
I like the sprint endurance race format. We get plenty of rock racing throughout the season, it's nice to mix it up with some short course style racing.

I had a set of cryo'd 5.29s do the same thing. Never would have known if I wasn't pulling the 3rd.

I also don't really understand how it happens considering it's out side the wear pattern?

I'd either build a whole new 3rd, and keep that for a spare. Or throw to another 3rd with a welded diff and those gears.

You're doing pretty damn good if thats all became of that third.
Mine after years of U4 and 'wheelin.

I'm with yotaatesomestuff, new third, rebuild that one as a spare
6027.jpeg

You're doing pretty damn good if thats all became of that third.
Mine after years of U4 and 'wheelin.

I'm with yotaatesomestuff, new third, rebuild that one as a spare

I have plenty of time before the next race so the broken diff will be rebuilt and reinstalled. I have a spare 4.88 diff with a spool for quick swap scenarios.
52367724933_08f35aa6a4_o.jpg

Top Back Refresh