What's new

Rabbit friscassee. From “farm” to plate.

When you pop them in the head, do they go silently? Every rabbit I’ve shot in the wild has let out the worst fawking noises and made me feel like an asshole :lmao:

All doing great . New Zealands does and another californian buck.

Attachments

• 20220720_125707.jpg
    20220720_125707.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220720_125710.jpg
    20220720_125710.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220720_125515.jpg
    20220720_125515.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220720_125717.jpg
    20220720_125717.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 5
When you pop them in the head, do they go silently? Every rabbit I’ve shot in the wild has let out the worst fawking noises and made me feel like an asshole :lmao:
Depends on shot placement I guess. Two were like that, the others, dropped and quit kicking in a couple seconds, so I found the sweet spot.

Still just got the 3 females. When this Texas crazy weather breaks, I'll head down to Campbell to pick up another buck.

Well we finally grew our bucks to mating size and we just had 2 does give birth 2 days ago. Got more of the hairless mouse looking things now, although not as many as we'd like. First doe had 7 but one died. Second doe had 6 and 3 died because the dumb bunny had 3 in the nesting box and 3 outside on the wire. Those 3 died. So we have 9 now, and another doe due to give birth in a couple days.

Also decided to blow up our raised garden beds and go with wicking beds. Bought 3 totes, setting them up with pipe in the bottom, lava rocks, weed barrier, perlite, weed barrier, and soil. Taking a few different ideas on this one and combining them with some twists of my own. Hopefully it goes well. Got all the totes cut in half, and working on the cages currently.

I'll try to do better at getting pics. Working on the wicking beds after work at night in the driveway with a circular saw and a cutoff wheel. The pride of the neighborhood right here. Got them from a place that makes buzzballs, which apparently is like an alcohol shot of whatever. One had rum, one had margarita mix, and the third had some strawberry creme that was pretty damn foul after sitting in the sun for however long. I thought about trying the rum, but decided against. Cheapest food grade IBC's I could find, got them for $50 each.

Top Back Refresh