What's new

PS line tee?

Twankie

Member Number
Loc
Texas
at the junkyard this morning we came across this 80’s c10 v6 that had this brass tee in the power steering line. Looks factory (or well done) any ideas of what it was for?

photo5559.jpg

Pressure sensor port for a/c clutch cutoff

I could see something like that being used from a pressure sensor. But my ‘85 with aftermarket air conditioning (dealer installed) used the tach signal. Do you have first hand experience or was it a guess?

I could see something like that being used from a pressure sensor. But my ‘85 with aftermarket air conditioning (dealer installed) used the tach signal. Do you have first hand experience or was it a guess?

So how would that work? You have to crank the wheel hard left or right to get the winch to move? :rolleyes:

Power steering pump doesn’t care what direction the wheels are turned to make pressure.

:shaking:

Think about what causes there to be pressure in that line and why just teeing off it to run a winch won't work.

Educated guess. Sometimes they were on the pump, sometimes in the line. Hydroboost rerun tee would be in the top port.

Educated guess, but Toyota on many years had a vacuum implement T'd into the PS that created what amounted to a small vacuum leak to bump up idle under steering load.

Educated guess, but Toyota on many years had a vacuum implement T'd into the PS that created what amounted to a small vacuum leak to bump up idle under steering load.

I thought of that but creating a small vacuum leak in carb or TBI system is not great for idle quality.

Winner winner chicken dinner

The tee is in the pressure line, not in the return.

in my pic you can barely make out where the return line transitions to rubber hose and has a hose clamp on it

Last edited:
They wouldn't want Karen's car accelerating as she pulls into a parking spot with the wheels cranked all the way

Top Back Refresh