What's new

Propane Turbo Samurai

How are you swapping between the two tanks?

-Unplug one, plug in the other..

-Tee both into one line, manual valves (how Skittles is)

-Electric solenoid to switch between the two lines.

Right now I’m just manually swapping the hose. But I have every intention of doing ball valve set up. Are you just using 90* twist ball valves for your setup? There is usually a pretty big warning when I’m running out though, so I just pull over and swap them.

Having a manual valve setup would be way better.

Manual ball valve better, but I think a switch could be best. You can see my setup over at the other site (two 90* ball valves).. but I have thought about doing a push button switch..

Its just not a K.I.S.S. system

Well, 12psi and 7500 rpm hill climbs have taken their toll. Haha cylinder walls looked good, too. Might just slap new pistons in it, and up the ring gap and send it.

DC9477EB-D118-401A-9710-3652C6155A4C.jpeg

4002C093-34D8-4E65-B1BD-5DCA619156CB.png

I do have another engine, that’s supposedly a Lee built engine. I could swap that in, and repair the one that I pull out. Who knows. I’ll get it fixed though.

Cool Sami.
btw, I know someone who breaks Sami leafs... but there is a little airtime involved in both cases :)

Question.

What turbo did you choose, does it spool quickly and not bonk on the top end?

Also, skool me on Redline for a stock sami...

Thanx

Cool Sami.
btw, I know someone who breaks Sami leafs... but there is a little airtime involved in both cases :)

Question.

What turbo did you choose, does it spool quickly and not bonk on the top end?

Also, skool me on Redline for a stock sami...

Thanx

No jumping was involved. Lol.

I’m running a VW 1.8t, a K03 turbo. It’s a good fit for the engine.

Red line is where the valves start to float. 🤘🤘

Have you found a source for quality seals that hold up to Propane like Cary uses in his other turbos?

Yeah, I went through a few cheap Ko3 with my old propane setup. Seems like the seals would fall apart and it would smoke show.

The only kit I’ve used that seemed worth anything, was the gpop kits.

One thing that helps, on the first start up, leave the exhaust off, and used a long screwdriver to stop the turbine wheel from spinning, until the oil heats up/thins out a bit.

So cool. I wanna turbo mine. Already on ‘pane.

I loved your other build on the other board.

Do it! Just stick to around 8psi with conservative timing and it’ll be very reliable.
Did you just put the mixer on the inlet of the turbo?

Working on a "buggy" my buddy just bought and it's on propane. His other samurai was a 1.6 turbo. This one has been swapped with an auto so not sure how it's going to do.

Attachments

• GOPR1183_1629825838132.JPG
    GOPR1183_1629825838132.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 47
Did you just put the mixer on the inlet of the turbo?

Working on a "buggy" my buddy just bought and it's on propane. His other samurai was a 1.6 turbo. This one has been swapped with an auto so not sure how it's going to do.
Yep. Just slap that bitch in the front of the turbo, and send it.

Top Back Refresh