What's new

Propane Issue

Jeep Itch

Member Number
Have an intermittent issue with my propane set up on an AMC360. Its an older Got Propane M M Vaporizer/Regulator M M Carb. Has worked great for 10 years or so. Wheeled it most of the day last Saturday with no issues... Near end of day climbing a minor ledge it cuts out and sounds like its out of pane and won't run for more than a second or so.. seems unlikely to me so I switch over to known full tank, same thing... Winch /dragged to a flat spot, still won't start, but fires briefly - get dragged back to trailer and it starts up and am able to drive it onto trailer... Drag it home and it sits on trailer overnight.. Next day it fires right up and runs great - I let it idle for an hour drive it fast slow etc... no problems.

Have ordered a rebuild kit for regulator, which I had rebuilt several years ago and will do again as soon as it arrives - but wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone.. Going on a multi day wheeling trip in a few weeks and would hate to think I had it solved and then find out on the trip.

Other thing is I have had my regulator mounted in the horizontal position since day one, just read some where that it should be mounted vertically "unless you know your fuel is very clean". Wondering if this could be related...

Yah, I would take everything apart and give it a good cleaning. The propane leaves a residue that can build up over time.
That's interesting with the regulator mounting. I have heard of that with the mixer, but not the regulator. Do you have a vacuum lock off or solenoid shut off?

Top Back Refresh