What's new

Propane camp oven recommendations ?

smurfblue40

Baconologyst
Member Number
Loc
Sloughhouse Ca
We recently bought a little camp trailer to get back out there now that we are “empty nesters” for the most part. We used to do very primitive camping, now we are going the other direction. Our little trailer is perfect for us, but it doesn’t have an oven. Mrs would still like an oven for casseroles and what not.

I’ve looked a little, but wasn’t too impressed with what I found.

Recommendations?

Ahhhh Making the big jump from camping to GLAM-ping. I don’t have a trailer but I went glamping with some buddies last month. With all the accessories griddles/pellet grills have it would just depend on what your preference. If you buy a propane burner you can buy all the accessories you need and be able to boil water.
I have a pellet grill at home and would like to have something to cook meat on some day when I get a camper. I’m thinking about getting a GMG Davy Crockett. They have a griddle that fits inside of it and a pizza oven. New trucks with an inverter and 120v will run it or you can run it off 12v.

Camp Chef 2 burner. Either the $100 one you can find everywhere, or the Pro 60 model.
Check craigslist/facebook market place.

A bit cheaper at the bezos barn https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Outdoor-Oven/dp/B0013LLSZG?tag=91812054244-20

Those are surprisingly handy. It won't be the most amazing oven you'll ever use but it's way harder to screw something up in one of these than in a dutch oven.

We saw one of those in Costco years ago, but thought it was a bit much for camping. That was then :laughing:

Yeah... we are in full Glamping mode now :grinpimp:

Thanks for all the input 🍺, we may see if Bass Pro has one on the floor we can check out (then find cheaper on line)

X's whatever on the Camp Chef oven. Works great, you can bake biscuits in the oven and make sausage gravy on top.

X's whatever on the Camp Chef oven. Works great, you can bake biscuits in the oven and make sausage gravy on top.

The more I look at the Camp Chef the more I like it

* I was just comparing the “Deluxe” vs “Professional” models of the Camp Chef ovens. The Pro has a higher output on the burners. That, besides a couple cosmetic things, they are basically the same except for price

Time to price shop a Deluxe model
I do love scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy :homer:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh