What's new

Project Zukota

Blitz

Member Number
Just picked up this 88 Zuki on yota axles. My youngest boy wants to drive it to school but that’s 4 years away. So I’m going to go ahead and start getting it ready to be my next crawler. Got a few things to address but other than that its a pretty solid zuki. It has EFI on it so probably gonna leave it on there and find a new tank for it later on to put in the bed of it. But did get it home and took off the goofly fender flares that were on it.

photo54955.jpg

photo54956.jpg

photo54957.jpg

photo54958.jpg

photo54959.jpg

Took it out this past weekend for some trail riding and did a little bit of crawling with it. Nothing to major since it doesn't have internal cage yet. For having a set of A/T's on it, it hooked up pretty good. I was pretty impressed with it. Nothing like my old buggy but had a blast in the smaller rig. But I know for sure I'm going to take the body lift off, change wheel/tire combo and go full hydro steering on it. Eventually wanna swap out the stock yota axles for some TG housings. But that's down the road.

photo54961.jpg

photo54962.jpg

What kind of full hydro set ups are you guys running on your zuk's?

Pulled the dash out to start eliminating as much wiring as i possibly can. About to order a PSC full hydro kit and LROR interior cage for it.
B8EEB690-C399-4D85-A94D-C6971E6441B2.jpeg

Sold the bumpers, geo tracker power steering and all of the other misc crap i dont need. Picked up the PSC full hydro steering for it. My cage and propane kit should be here in the next week or so. Picked up a set of 35” KM’2 for it along with some 17” creeper locks. Will run the 35’s for now till i link it and go to 37” reds. Should have new dash today or tomorrow. All the bs wiring is out along with the EFI crap. Removed the gas tank and all of the lines for it. Here is how it sit currently. Going to start pulling the body lift off of it this week.
D0E78690-EC32-401E-9E98-580251DE54B9.jpeg
62D0DB5A-505C-4ECF-8560-21DE9EAC26FE.png
B489FFF9-3FF4-48D1-95FA-7EA2D744FD0E.jpeg

Yes it is. I haven’t found any rust on it yet.

Just seeing this for the first time, in for updates as well. Nice zuk.

Is that a lowered samurai in the background of the first pic :smokin:

Top Back Refresh