What's new

Pro-R topic ?

What scares the crap out of me is that some dipshit that has never been offroad a day in his life, can finance this with no money down and the next day be doing 80 mph in whoops during KOH week and kill a school bus full of nuns because he has no clue what he’s doing, he doesn’t know his surroundings and is an idiot in the nicest of terms.

What scares the crap out of me is that some dipshit that has never been offroad a day in his life, can finance this with no money down and the next day be doing 80 mph in whoops during KOH week and kill a school bus full of nuns because he has no clue what he’s doing, he doesn’t know his surroundings and is an idiot in the nicest of terms.
The idiot and the nuns are way more likely to be californians than not. I don't see the problem. :flipoff2::stirthepot:

You can do the same thing in a Raptor... a Jeep... a Toyota or any other vehicle purchased if your stupid enough, but you are only scared of people doing it in SxS's??? How many rich fucks buy toys they have no business owning or driving??? Same thing, and you should be scared shit of them as well...

You can do the same thing in a Raptor... a Jeep... a Toyota or any other vehicle purchased if your stupid enough, but you are only scared of people doing it in SxS's??? How many rich fucks buy toys they have no business owning or driving??? Same thing, and you should be scared shit of them as well...
I don’t think you can get yourself into as much trouble in the vehicles listed as you can in a SxS.
Factory vs factory you can’t hit the same amount of speed as a SxS.

I don’t think you can get yourself into as much trouble in the vehicles listed as you can in a SxS.
Factory vs factory you can’t hit the same amount of speed as a SxS.
Search youtube for raptor jump and raptor crash. People have no issues wrecking $70k trucks at speed.

You highly underestimate stupid people with lots of money.

mentally people pump the brakes in a vehicle, in a sxs they think its a tough and being stupid is ok. drink and drive in a jeep, not ok. being plastered and ripping around in their sxs, no big deal.

i watched a group, unload a sxs from the bed of the truck, immediately start ripping donuts and lay it over. no way they mentally rationalize doing donuts in camp is ok with their normal 'vehicle'.

I think the point should be made as the entry requirements are much lower for a SxS vs what you listed for similar capabilities.

I think if you take an absolute moron and put him in a raptor and then take that exact same moron and put him in a SxS they will do more damage in a SxS.

I have a roll cage around my head, I am invisible.

This isn’t a car so I can drink and drive

A 6000 lb raptor with 12in of travel can’t go as fast as a 2500 lb SxS with 22in of travel in the whoops. So doing the same stupid things but at a much faster speed is not going to go well.

Being at KOH last year I can say the amount of times I was almost hit by new expensive Jeeps/Toyota’s/Raptors were damn near zero.

The amount of times I was almost hit in a SxS, I lost count.

I think if you take an absolute moron and put him in a raptor and then take that exact same moron and put him in a SxS they will do more damage in a SxS.

A 6000 lb raptor with 12in of travel can’t go as fast as a 2500 lb SxS with 22in of travel in the whoops. So doing the same stupid things but at a much faster speed is not going to go well.
I think the “trailer to get home” affect is also there. It takes a bigger brodozer and a flatbed to tow a Raptor and it won’t fit in their financed toy hauler either.

Recently picked up a CanAm. Been a blast to cruise or rip around in. But try to be respectful regarding being around other trail users/areas. Certainly more agile that any of my full-size options.

I hear what you guys are saying and maybe its a bit regional. We see a lot of 40 plus year old couples on trails in sxs's having a good time. We also see a lot of arrogant 40 year old drunk juvenile delinquents running around in a buggy of some sort on 40's. I do like watching them break their junk using the skinny pedal as a skill set.

I would have to say the loud music in the campground asshats are mostly in sxs's.:flipoff2:

At what weight/hp/tire size would a sxs have to to equal weight/hp/tire size something like a 4400 car? I don't know anything about 4400 cars.

At what weight/hp/tire size would a sxs have to to equal weight/hp/tire size something like a 4400 car? I don't know anything about 4400 cars.

this last year there were top sxs guys, who did fairly well in the big race. the higher horsepower version will help move things in the right direction, if they had a true transmission i think that gaps would be smaller. curious to see what the other players come up with.

I'd be willing to bet you've never been to KOH then.

SxS's are by far the biggest source of issues. People hauling ass right in between camps instead of the other 100's of 1000's of acres of open desert.

I don't see this mega SxS being much worse than any other decently fast SxS thats put though.

Most 4400’s can’t keep up with a 2 year old X3RR with a tuned suspension everything else stock

this last year there were top sxs guys, who did fairly well in the big race. the higher horsepower version will help move things in the right direction, if they had a true transmission i think that gaps would be smaller. curious to see what the other players come up with.
Those guys are coming back with 340-360hp engines I believe. Reliable HP is not a problem with the 3cyl can am engine

Those guys are coming back with 340-360hp engines I believe. Reliable HP is not a problem with the 3cyl can am engine

HP is easy to get, the rest of the drivetrain is the question mark for me. as you mentioned in the dezert they arent going to outrun the top guys, but wont fall off pace. in the rocks the lack of durability becomes the problem IMO, not way a canam can blast through the rocks at speed like an U4. do they get to pick different lines due to size and nimbleness, but not being on a 40 is a significant disadvantage.

Pls clarify the question. See my above post. My 650hp fox tuned 100k in parts 4400 couldn’t catch me in my stock engined X3 in woods racing. The limit is tire size in bigger rocks, then tire size and cleaner wins in speed

HP is easy to get, the rest of the drivetrain is the question mark for me. as you mentioned in the dezert they arent going to outrun the top guys, but wont fall off pace. in the rocks the lack of durability becomes the problem IMO, not way a canam can blast through the rocks at speed like an U4. do they get to pick different lines due to size and nimbleness, but not being on a 40 is a significant disadvantage.

Agreed. But because of the low weight, 2200-2500 lbs, smaller parts are very durable.

Should we talk about all the good things SxS have done? Like how many jobs, restaurants, rental houses, gas stations, and tourist shops in Maine, NH and VT were saved by their vast trail system and tourism to it? They saved that region when the logging jobs left.

Agreed. But because of the low weight, 2200-2500 lbs, smaller parts are very durable.

Yeah that's why they replace all the parts. buddy has a NA desert racer, no stock parts left and he still has to check everything after every race.

Should we talk about all the good things SxS have done? Like how many jobs, restaurants, rental houses, gas stations, and tourist shops in Maine, NH and VT were saved by their vast trail system and tourism to it? They saved that region when the logging jobs left.
Cause there isn't any? Fawk Sxs. They have done nothing but destroy trails here. 95% of the issues are SxS related, they are destroying the normal trails and the rock trails.

Yeah that's why they replace all the parts. buddy has a NA desert racer, no stock parts left and he still has to check everything after every race.

Cause there isn't any? Fawk Sxs. They have done nothing but destroy trails here. 95% of the issues are SxS related, they are destroying the normal trails and the rock trails.

Every race car needs everything checked after every race. Your not qualified to post about racing anymore. Go to the corner until your called upon.

everyone hating on sxs because of the idiot owners are acting just like liberals when it comes to guns for them, they hate guns because some gun owners do stupid shit.

quit acting like racist liberals :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

youre not wrong though, tons of retard sxs owners, i live miles down a dirt road surrounded by blm land and most summer/good weather weekends brings out the atv/sxs/dirt bike riders and lots of them are dummies. not all of them though, some are good people/families and id be a stupid dumb fuck to lump all sxs into one category, thats something an inbred racist or a liberal does. "i hate the way that assfuck recklessly drives his sxs so now i hate all sxs" :homer::laughing:

no i dont own a sxs

The issue we have with them down here is the owners driving on forest roads instead of the designated powersports trails and areas. Cue expected trail damage and off trail path forging in protected wetlands. And the lack of trail manners/ trail smarts and blasting music issues that seem to come standard with bank loan entry into the hobby.

Its great to see more people out enjoying the forest, but they need to stop trying to rooster tail their V-treads through every inch of mud in the swamp. At least the forest service like to target them, so everyone else gets a bit of a break.:laughing:

everyone hating on sxs because of the idiot owners are acting just like liberals when it comes to guns for them, they hate guns because some gun owners do stupid shit.

quit acting like racist liberals :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

youre not wrong though, tons of retard sxs owners, i live miles down a dirt road surrounded by blm land and most summer/good weather weekends brings out the atv/sxs/dirt bike riders and lots of them are dummies. not all of them though, some are good people/families and id be a stupid dumb fuck to lump all sxs into one category, thats something an inbred racist or a liberal does. "i hate the way that assfuck recklessly drives his sxs so now i hate all sxs" :homer::laughing:

no i dont own a sxs

We didnt have these issue 10 years ago. Now there is a closed sign and the are 8 routes around the sign. Every slight hill has 3-4 "hill climbs up them now" Nearly all of our rock trails have bypasses cut every 10 feet or trail We put up fencing and signs and another one post up 10 feet further down.

Must be more of a southwest Maine thing. There wasn't much SxS activity in central maine when I lived there in the '10s.

Must be more of a southwest Maine thing. There wasn't much SxS activity in central maine when I lived there in the '10s.
A guy, who I now know and spent the day with put the entire thing together. He organized politicians from multiple states to open up a massive trail system making sure the trails go to the local shops and restaurants. Lot of permission from the logging companies that own the land.

Top Back Refresh