What's new

Pro-R topic ?

Bebop

Member Number
I may have overlooked it but couldn't find a new Pro-R topic.

Those new SxS are flipping huge !

29" of wheel travel, 110"+ wb, 2.0 4 cylinder engine, that's mind blowing if you ask me !

Can't wait to try one !

I wonder if there will be a market to swap these engines in something else. Super lightweight 2.0 that makes 225hp sounds pretty good to me.

Welp, there goes the N/A race classes......

But it's still a Polaris so more than likely it will be broken more than it's drivable. :laughing:

Polaris bragging about a "one piece welded cage" is laughable. There is not a single shred of triangulation in the fucking thing.....:shaking:

225hp & 29" of suspension travel maybe?

So an ecotec and trailing arm rear. Not exactly earth shattering new tech. Especially with something with a longer WB and wider track than a wrangler.

Then I saw this:

Plus destination charge and set-up.
Logistics surcharge of $400 will apply.

that's $35k + for a golf cart :eek:. Wtf is a logistics charge?

It’s pretty exciting new tech, Polaris is clearly listening and trying. The thing to really notice is how much torque it has - 154 Ftlbs compared to the turbo which only has 118. Sure, it’s easy to get to 225 (or much much more) crank hp with a turbo car but it’s hard to get torque. I think this thing will slay a turbo car below 50mph not to mention turbo kits on top of this platform could start getting really nutty. Only problem is by the time you get all the options the pro R is 45-50k. That’s pretty insane. There will still be plenty of people buying it but I won’t be one of them.

They need to make them by the thousands so cheap takeoff parts can be a thing.

I think I saw 2100 or 2200 ish before accessories, beer cooler and passenger.

I don't get the hate on the sxs's in general. They are just another of many ways to enjoy the outdoors.

Last edited:
They need to make them by the thousands so cheap takeoff parts can be a thing.

Don't you worry about that. There will be lots of weekend warriors out buying those on credit to get the "latest & greatest" new toy to promptly wrap around a tree. I predict the salvage auctions to be full of those in about a year. :laughing:

Edit: You thinking Lezbaru with a belt drive and 29" of suspension travel or will that stuff be for the van? :smokin:

I think I saw 2100 or 2200 ish before accessories, beer cooler and passenger.

I don't get the hate on the sxs's in general. They are just another of many ways to enjoy the outdoors.
That has more to do with the stereotypical owner then the machine itself.

Yep. Most of the people driving/riding them have no idea what they are doing. Anybody with a credit score of 650 that can turn a steering wheel can buy one. Which means they fawk up a lot of riding areas and shit. That's just my jaded opinion

in socal (and im sure many other areas) there are dezert gnats and do more damage to the OHV areas than good. its the owners i dislike, so in turn not a fan of them. the barrier of entry is so low people do not understand that they are a vehicle and should be treated as such.

29" of travel is crazy on one of those things

bogus numbers on the travel, look at the bottom. its ground clearance at full droop.

1636554173776.png

in socal (and im sure many other areas) there are dezert gnats and do more damage to the OHV areas than good. its the owners i dislike, so in turn not a fan of them. the barrier of entry is so low people do not understand that they are a vehicle and should be treated as such.

bogus numbers on the travel, look at the bottom. its ground clearance at full droop.

1636554173776.png

So it's really 22 front, 24" rear travel according to those specs. Still not to shabby...

20+ inches of travel is plenty for a UTV. Any more than that and you start having trouble with CV binding. From what I’ve heard the new Dynamix shocks are no joke either. It’ll definitely be interesting to see how they do in race environments especially Ultra4

This.

They're like the Jet Skis of the desert. I like them as a product, I don't like how the manufactures and end users seem to not give a fuck about land access or safety.

20+ inches of travel is plenty for a UTV. Any more than that and you start having trouble with CV binding. From what I’ve heard the new Dynamix shocks are no joke either. It’ll definitely be interesting to see how they do in race environments especially Ultra4
I'm sure after you do the "normal" race treatment on something like that as in replace almost all stock parts then it will hold up just fine.

1636554173776.png

dumb question... what the heck is the difference between usable and wheel travel?

Top Back Refresh