Power steering mod stage 3

Clb

another toyota from P.R.K
Member Number
Loc
First 50 club
Austin
you ok with it?

I dunno if one of the mods can put this into the toyota bible or not....

I am being a cob and just did this ,running ifs box and hi steer, no ram assist at this time.
I have not yet shimmed the pump up, any thoughts on this mod killing the ifs box theories?

Last edited:
I 100% understand that there is some valuable content there but I'd really rather not give Vertical Scope any more traffic by linking their stuff. Especially in IBB's own bible. It would be awesome to see it rewritten with any updated info. Cannot copy/paste unless you originally wrote it there. If you know who did write it, maybe they could copy it here.

Most the guys I know who ran high flow pumps into just an IFS box, had issues. Maybe just too much flow with no where to go? It also didn't make a damn bit of difference for steering power.

I am with you that I hate ram assist with a standard ifs box. I have been curious about the supposedly high flow boxes from trail gear, Howe and psc, but have never really heard a good review.

Reactions: Clb
No idea bout the last 2 vendors there but #1 can pound sand.
Gunna look into alternative boxes if I have to buy failgear junk!

Mayhem Metal works did the first port and flow write up over there maybe Andrew will let us use it...
He never got over here and aint been over there looks like for 2 months.

I've definitely heard of more than a few trailgear boxes/pumps failing quickly.

I'm just planning to scrounge up a TC pump so I don't have to monkey around with splitting/modding my Yota pump. I've also heard mixed results from pump modding, but it's usually on old used pumps so who knows what actually caused the failure...

Last edited:
The pump I have was a cakewalk to do, took as much time dismounting it as splitting it open.
The f.g. Seals I have all fail awfully fast in my opinion.
The seals on an ifs box are not really made to hold massive fluid pressure I assume stock was sub #1000 psi, and the h.a. Kits are much more than that I think...
Sent Andrew a note about getting his writeup for our bible....

email I got back from am4x4

You guys are more than welcome to use that or anything else I posted on pirate. I have not been on the new site, I will have to check it out, are you getting much action on it? seems like all the forums are dead, which really sucks

I have not done anything with IFS steering. At some point I will for my personal rig but it will probably be a few years
:flipoff2: fwiw I got this far...
Let's see if Austin can work with that:beer:

Only found one tpyo on drill diameter, IT is easy to catch

Last edited:
I'm working on figuring how to transfer just the text of the writeup, without the site link....
I R :homer: doing this, so it's gunna be a minute or 3....
I'll run it by Austin for submission to the bible when done.

email I got back from am4x4

You guys are more than welcome to use that or anything else I posted on pirate. I have not been on the new site, I will have to check it out, are you getting much action on it? seems like all the forums are dead, which really sucks

I have not done anything with IFS steering. At some point I will for my personal rig but it will probably be a few years
:flipoff2: fwiw I got this far...
Let's see if Austin can work with that:beer:

Only found one tpyo on drill diameter, IT is easy to catch
Since he gave the go-ahead to copy HIS original content .... I say go for it, but only HIS posts, you can't do other peoples questions/comments/replies :smokin:

Fwd me that email for my records :beer:

I'm working on figuring how to transfer just the text of the writeup, without the site link....
I R :homer: doing this, so it's gunna be a minute or 3....
I'll run it by Austin for submission to the bible when done.

If you copy/paste, then highlight all the text, and hit the eraser icon, it will remove all formatting including links.

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 08.44.12 AM Oct.10.21.png

Alternatively, copy/paste it into a word processing document, format it there, and then paste the result here.

That woulda ROCKED...
I just got it done with copy\paste tho..
Thanx for that I "lernt" :lmao: something today!

edit using this to redo it "right"

PAToyota
When I copy and paste the post into the new post here and then highlight it and hit the remove formatting button,
the erase button does nothing ...what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh