What's new

pots n pans

Member Number
Loc
socal
time for pots and pans. we have been buying the semi decent stuff since we got married, but they are lasting 12-18 months before the no stick liner starts failing. we cook 25 days out of the month and often twice a day so they get used, but curious if there is something we could get to last longer or just need to replace regularly. so what is everyone using and what kind of life cycle are you experiencing?

I tired the Swiss Diamond stuff, it's okay. I look like how thick the pans are but I've had 2 of them recoated now, 6 ish years ago. Doing it over I'd probably just go carbon or copper pots or something.

Cast iron pans and stainless pots. They should last a lifetime.

I do probably 75% of my cooking on a large cast skillet and a ~6qt. Revere Ware pot. I have a bunch of other random Calphalon hard anodized stuff for the times I need larger pots, but I've been meaning to sell those (they're collectible now :confused:) and picking up some more vintage Revere pieces off ebay.

We use the pampered chef nonstick. They are over 10yo and still look and work great. Other than one that has a perfect black burn mark in the shape of a piece of bread. That was from my wife forgetting a grilled cheese she was making for me. We are super happy with them. The only note is We hand wash them and never ever stick them in the dish washer.

Resurrecting a thread…

Youngest and her boyfriend have split, he took the pots & pans. We are giving her our “set” and want to upgrade. We are keeping the Lodge cast iron (she has her own), and the Le Creuset pieces my mom gave us when she couldn’t lift them anymore.

Looking for a good nonstick cookware set.

Recommendations?

Resurrecting a thread…

Youngest and her boyfriend have split, he took the pots & pans. We are giving her our “set” and want to upgrade. We are keeping the Lodge cast iron (she has her own), and the Le Creuset pieces my mom gave us when she couldn’t lift them anymore.

Recommendations?
Properly seasoned cast iron.:flipoff2:

I guess Mrs was looking into this earlier than I thought.

The other day Mrs came home with a “Ninja Foodi Never Stick”(premium) set. This set was on my radar. So far I have only cooked an omelette, but it turned out nice :homer:

Resurrecting a thread…

Recommendations?

ALL non-stick sucks after a bit of use. I learned that there is no point in getting high-end brand non-stick. I just get the Tramontina Professional stuff ordered from Costco. It works good, and when it doesn't any longer, it is cheap enough to toss and order more. Also, I don't need to freak out if I see someone using metal utensils in it.

I'd get:

5 pans for about $92.

I have been rocking OG Calphalon hard anodized pots and pans for 25 years.
Amazing quality. :usa:

We have a nice selection of Lodge cast iron cookware as well. :usa:

Nothing fancy, just heavy bottom pans to hold heat and bang around both the indoor and outdoor kitchen :beer:

We were gifted HexClad pots and pans. They are excellent, easy to clean and have a lifetime warranty.

Calplalon is the way to go.
I'm religious about cleaning them. Steak knives too. Never ever saw the dishwasher, only by hand.....then when the twins were born, which made numbers 3 and 4 i said FUUUUUUCK THIS. Been throwing them in the hot dishwasher for 3 years now and they're still in pretty good shape.
I'll go to my parents and cook sometimes on their old crappy cheap pots and pans, honestly I don't know how anyone does it.
Cave people.
Love my pots.

Calplalon is the way to go.
I'm religious about cleaning them. Steak knives too. Never ever saw the dishwasher, only by hand.....then when the twins were born, which made numbers 3 and 4 i said FUUUUUUCK THIS. Been throwing them in the hot dishwasher for 3 years now and they're still in pretty good shape.
I'll go to my parents and cook sometimes on their old crappy cheap pots and pans, honestly I don't know how anyone does it.
Cave people.
Love my pots.

We’ve got the same set that was snagged as a Black Friday doorbuster, they are great and get pretty heavy use. We’ve also added a few extra stock pots to the set that were found at Home Goods / TJ Max for a decent price.

After at least twenty years of service, my egg pan finally crapped out.

Yes, I have a designated egg pan. I never learned how to flip an egg with a spatula. I was taught to flip an egg with the pan, and a flip of the wrist. Mrs didn’t understand at first, then I explained the geometry (?) of the egg pan.

Mrs surprised me with this today. Same manufacturer as the old one, but with all the “new & Improved” stuff :grinpimp:

DC8B0D2F-A445-4E0A-B89C-CDFC983C8953.jpeg
33C09F0B-5200-4A50-9E0C-E4B89DAD6EE8.jpeg

Mrs likes her fried eggs a certain way, she makes sure I have the tools to make it happen :homer:

I’m teaching the boy (7) that it is absolutely essential that a man learn to cook breakfast.
I tell him it’s the “thank you” for the morning after.
My wife quickly gives me the STFU look, but knows I’m not wrong.

I’m teaching the boy (7) that it is absolutely essential that a man learn to cook breakfast.
I basically taught my wife how to cook. Her mom wasn’t a very good cook (by her own admission), so my wife wasn’t comfortable in the kitchen. She is now :smokin:

Teach your son to flip eggs without a spatula, fold a killer omelette, and bbq like a god :grinpimp:

Stainless pots with heavy bottom. A couple different size cast iron pans.

A couple of cheap non-stick pans for lower heat cooking (like eggs). Buy a new one when the coating fails. I get them on sale at Canadian Tire. Usually get a couple years out of the most used size.

The iron and non-stick get hand-rinsed with hot water. Done.

Yes, I have a designated egg pan. Mrs likes her fried eggs a certain way, she makes sure I have the tools to make it happen :homer:
That’s like us.
Designated egg pan crapped out before Christmas….we both got egg pans for each other ❤️🔥🍻
B8AEBF83-A994-4E63-A807-81635E25E8E4.jpeg

Last edited:
I tell him it’s the “thank you” for the morning after.
My wife quickly gives me the STFU look, but knows I’m not wrong.
Teach him how to cook dinner as well, that gets them to stay the night so you can show off your breakfast skills:smokin:. Seriously I think my cooking skills are mostly why my wife married me. Chicken marsala is a super easy, panty dropper recipe for a date night in the house. Plus when you are in college or early 20s, it's way cheaper to make a badass dinner than going out and the fact they are in your place you are 90% of the way there!!

As for pans Its not much different from what others have posted here.

Old cast iron is priceless

That said, I got a set of the scanpans and they are amazing. My wife cooks most but I'll do breakfast for the kids. Nothing sticks, last forever, dishwasher safe but pricey. I'd say to pick one up and see if they are up your alley. I gave one to a buddy I like it so much lol

Top Back Refresh